When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

and fully modded MBW 1680

fast_freddy

Wow.  This is really fantastic.  What a great build.   :)

I am inexperienced with actually working on movements myself, so maybe this is a really easy question, but did you take the gen datewheel and use it as an overlay on the datewheel that was already part of your movement?  Is that an ETA based movement?  How did you get the gen dial to seat properly on your movement?  Did you cut the feet and then glue new ones on it, or use dial dots or something?

Really nice work with this.

Adolph Schild 5203, or 5206 with day removed. Can be found NOS in Zeno-Watch Explorer with day and date removed, which would actually make theirs 5202s. But who's gonna argue about a moment that hasn't been made since the mid 70s? They're all the same ébauche anyway.

How much modifying to the case did it take to get the movement fitted?

I would love to know this too. Looks like the movement is considerably thicker than the ETA 2836/46 with different stem height as well (not to mention slightly wider). Can't see it fitting in with proper stem height or caseback closing without a lot of work. Would love to know though because the thought of a gen-like lower beat combined with gen date wheel direction is VERY appealing.