When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sale gone wrong need advice thanks !

Ezio

I always insure mine as "horological parts", I don't like putting "watch" on the paperwork, trigger for thieves and customs.

Good idea i Will use that for The future your not telling to little it to much :D

• Like 1

Buyer:

If you feel the package you receive is suspicious.

Torn packaging. Or it feels light, it is better to record it when you are opening the package.

A really good habit I've gotten into, protective of the seller in the case of a poor dealer, I always do this for purchases in this hobby and my other (photography).

(Note: this wouldn't have helped in this situation as I trust no member here was at fault)

Mike, that is a really good idea. I'm sure that a potential thief would think twice about trying to get into a package wrapped and sealed with that tape. Tamper detection is one reason that the USPS requires all registered packages to be wrapped in brown paper, makes it much more difficult to get into and then make it look like it's not been tampered with. I would guess that you can get that tape at a local Office Depot or Staples?