When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

♛A week on the wrist franken milgauss GV review pic heavy♛

Ezio

A week on the wrist franken milgauss gv

image_zps7b8a9b5a.jpg

First the facts

The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Milgauss is a wristwatch model introduced by Rolex in 1956 with model number 6541. The Milgauss was designed as an antimagnetic watch specifically for those who worked in power plants, medical facilities and research labs (like those in Geneva[examples needed]) where electromagnetic fields can cause havoc with the timing of a watch. The current model Milgauss is equipped with amagnetic alloy (Parachrom-Blu) hairspring and movement encased by a magnetic shield (note: this is not a Faraday cage, which only shields electrostatic fields), most likely composed of a high magnetic permeability material The name Milgauss is derived from the Latin mille, which means one-thousand, and gauss, the unit of a magnetic field. This model is so named because it can withstand a magnetic flux density of 1,000 gauss.

image_zps41811128.jpg

In 2007, Rolex brought back the Milgauss after nearly two decades as the model number 116400. There are currently four versions: white dial or black dial with a standard colorless sapphire crystal and the GV (Glace Verte) with black or blue dials. Rolex presented the new version with electric blue dial and green-tinted sapphire glass in 2014. The GV is the only Rolex produced with a tinted crystal. Although initially rumored to be a limited edition, the GV version is still produced nearly 3 years later.

And for me there is only one option to take the Glace verte more known as the GV

image_zps84ac0fdc.jpg

Its a masterpiece in the making the green crystal is truly a magnefiecent wonder how They made it also why rolex keep their crystal production close to Them

image_zpsd7a966b9.jpg

Now what do we see here

A noob milgauss gv with a gen crystal aint she a stunner ???

image_zpsd325dbe4.jpg

Beautiful Lines with polished and brushed links with a polished case

The reflection of the crystal in sunny or gray weather is truly amazing

And the bold orange lighting sec hand Ticking 28,880 bph

Its a piece you either love or hate but truly its a watch that will be remembered through time

Like the submariners / gmt's what rolex is all about

Its a practical watch with a hint of a dress watch and goes with everything a suit casual friday or a Holiday dinner

Also its a watch that screams sport

Also why rolex have used athlets to advertise the milgauss

Its powered by a asian ETA a true workhorse i Got in this keeping time within Cosc standards.

Let us look at some of the few tells there are on a rolex milgauss rep

One the Crown on the dial is not as 3D as the genuine but if you get called out on that out in the field i will like to meet the person

Some People are talking about the orange is not as bright as on the rep but i must truly say this probably belongs to the cheaper end of the reps having both the gen and the rep we see here its probably the light at the AD that have played tricks with People's eye

The print on the milgauss is not as good as the gen normally but i Think this also have to do with the bad rep crystal and the green AR They put on which the gen dont have

Lets look at that bad bad crystal the rep makers use

image_zps83ba9f7e.jpg

Look at that bad green AR which is not even present in the gen but that is how They try to imitate the crystal

image_zps6782bd64.jpg

Bad pic but see the crystal is totally clear accept for a ugly green gasket

image_zps530fce22.jpg

A milgauss is on of the few models where rolex went all out this is a watch that Speaks to both the collector and the young hipster

image_zpsefd24ba8.jpg

All in all a milgauss gv is a future Classic and it belongs in your rep watchbox

image_zpsf74e6032.jpg

My first review hope you enjoyed it :)

Ezio signing out

Thanks to JS

Thanks to my summerhouse somewhere in the Dark Woods of Denmark for letting me use the location

Thanks to my iphone 5s

If you read this far thank you ;)

How readily can we get gen crystals? I'd like to add one of these to the box.

I see this on eBay but does it cut the mustard?

What of Rolex dotted crown engraving on the crystal? Is that present on the Milguass?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-SAPPHIRE-WATCH-CRYSTAL-FOR-ROLEX-MILGAUSS-GREEN-116400-1-/170981408714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cf493fca

Very nice pics and makes me feel like I should buy another gv. Is it still my former watch or did you get a new one?:)

Hey mate long time no this is a new one a noob one :) sold the other to a member here sometime back but Got a new one could not resist its a whole another watch with the gen crystal :D

What of Rolex dotted crown engraving on the crystal? Is that present on the Milguass?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-SAPPHIRE-WATCH-CRYSTAL-FOR-ROLEX-MILGAUSS-GREEN-116400-1-/170981408714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cf493fca

No LEC at 6 mate on the GV

And i seen 4 crystals for sale since They came out rolex keep Them close you can normally only get it replaced if you send it to Geneva at rolex if you broke your gen crystal so They are truly hard to get but nothing is impossible money talks :) good luck hunting :)

Oh, really nice watch you got there! Don't drop it :)

Those "green" crystals ar really not so green. Those are the same rep crystals they use on hi-end versions so beware if you buy and open you pacakage at home hoping to find GV look-alike.

Oh, really nice watch you got there! Don't drop it :)

Those "green" crystals ar really not so green. Those are the same rep crystals they use on hi-end versions so beware if you buy and open you pacakage at home hoping to find GV look-alike.

True words by a guy who know what he's talking about :)

• 6 months later...

Fantastic review and equally fantastic Rolex Milgauss.

You are correct Ezio, this watch belongs in a rep collectors inventory. I have a TT GMT and I almost bought the Milgauss, but your review and pics have me convinced. Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic review and equally fantastic Rolex Milgauss.

You are correct Ezio, this watch belongs in a rep collectors inventory. I have a TT GMT and I almost bought the Milgauss, but your review and pics have me convinced. Thanks for sharing.

thanks mate for The Lovely words :) 

Ezio: Great pics and article! 

I am not a big fan of Rollies, but this watch (and partly this article with great pics) has turned me over :) The Milgauss is a true beauty! 

- If anyone has one for sale with a gen. crystal please let me know or any tips to get a gen. crystal. Tried the bay with no luck.. 

Ezio: Great pics and article! 

I am not a big fan of Rollies, but this watch (and partly this article with great pics) has turned me over :) The Milgauss is a true beauty! 

- If anyone has one for sale with a gen. crystal please let me know or any tips to get a gen. crystal. Tried the bay with no luck.. 

thanks mate apriciate the kind words :)