When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My IWC 3777 from Toro

Peashooter

My review on the rep IWC 3777 from Toro (website stated 1:1 mirror rep)

Ordered the timepiece with the stainless steel bracelet. You can also order the leather strap version for 20-30 bucks cheaper.

The Bad Stuff

As soon as I got my time to properly inspect the piece, the thing that annoys me almost immediately is the stainless steel bracelet is not really 100% quality like what you will get from the original factory. It looks good/excellent and has all the markings but the bracelet is a bit rough and is not ultra smooth when I bend/twist it. It was stuck together (between the links) and I had to use a little bit of strength to loosen it. The micro-adjustment works but that too is a bit rough. I needed to exert some force to shorten/lengthen the bracelet.

Tried using the chronograph twice, both times the entire movement stops after 20-30 minutes (guess the power reserve isn't as good as the original) but hey, it still works

The Good Stuff

The glass with the AR coating looks good, real good.

The dial & hands looks great as well.

Crown & Case looks like a perfect 1:1 rep (based on the images I can find to compare on the net anyway)

Found my old 22mm black alligator strap unused, decided to swap it with the SS bracelet but I needed to use a sharp blade to make it smaller so that It fits to the 3777's 21mm lug.

Overall Verdict

Lovely piece but you will need to upgrade to a better strap. Ordered the deployant clasp with nylon+leather strap to go with it. Still waiting for it.

Love how it looks on leather, candy to the eyes! Enjoy

post-69526-0-77860100-1423236621_thumb.j

post-69526-0-48093700-1423236628_thumb.j

post-69526-0-85215100-1423236634_thumb.j

Edited by Peashooter

• 2 weeks later...

Been using this 3777 everyday since I got it (about a month now) and below is an update on the issues creeping up:-

(1) the chronograph/stopwatch is getting all messed up now, as soon as the start button (pusher) is clicked to start using the stopwatch function, the hour+minute indicator jumps ahead (hour shows 3-hours lapses and minute shows whatever it wants to show).

(2) the day/date sometimes doesn't change, have to manually set it in the morning when I wake up. I also notice that when the date changes at around 12am, the day only changes 1 hour later at about 1am. Since this is my first day/date watch, I wouldn't know if its normal.

I am scheduled to meet a professional watch repair technician tomorrow so hopefully he can work his magic on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally reunited with my watch after being serviced by an watchsmith. Will have to see if the day/date change + chrono issues is rectified for the next few days/weeks.

Also changed the strap and paired it with a rep deployant clasp, going to savour this for the moment!

post-69526-0-95486200-1426863377_thumb.j

post-69526-0-80966800-1426863391_thumb.j

post-69526-0-61952900-1426863641_thumb.j

Lovely! Wish this watch was a couple of mm smaller and I'd be all over it. Disagree with the soccer mom comments. Quite an offkey thing to say about watch bracelets. This watch looks beast on bracelet. Looks class on strap though, really ace. Congrats!

• 1 month later...

Its been almost 2 months now since i have got it back from a local watchsmith and i am still enjoying every moment with it.

The chrono stopping after 20-30 minutes which i suspected was due to a low power reserve is no longer an issue. I have used it to time my flight from Malaysia to Australia with no issue (its 8 1/2 hours!).

All the hands snaps back perfectly when resetting chrono.

Running a bit fast a +6-12 sec per day but i will return to the watchsmith for fine-tuning in a few days time.

So all the negative views on the A7750 seems to be directed to the older model, the current 28800bph seems fine.

Tonnes of compliment from friends on this 3777 (was wearing a genuine omega SMP 300 Chrono Ti & genuine Breitling Chronomat previously) so much so that i am selling those off lolx.

Great timepiece by Toro.

• 1 month later...