When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Royal Oak Safari Ultimate Noob 1:1 "NEW"

mmallers

For some time I've had my eye on the Safari and think I'm about to move on one. I noticed pure-time released a new line of Noob Royal Oak's on bracelets last week. This is a great addition because I think very few people do anything with the fake croc straps except throw them in a box and leave them there. Can anyone chime in if this is a new version of the 42mm Noob or if it is just a re-release on steel.  

I've done my due diligence and think i'm going to go with the Noob over the JF and pic up an APBands strap. I've tried the gen on a few times and have noticed differences and imperfections between gens which is strange but seems somewhat common among AP watches. This should make for a nice little fanken project. If this is different than the older Noob, does the forum have an opinion??? 

Thanks, here are the pictures from puretime. 

PS: Can anyone chime in if this is the current bracelet dealers are selling that will fit the new AP Divers? I have a version 6.1

http://pure-time.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-safari-noob-11-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a7750/

post-45432-0-73851200-1423765969_thumb.j

post-45432-0-12827900-1423765994_thumb.j

post-45432-0-40283300-1423766012_thumb.j

post-45432-0-44072100-1423766026_thumb.j

Maybe I'm seeing something different, but it looks like the tachy ring is off by about two clicks. Maybe it's the angle, really hard to tell about alignment issues with out a head on shot with the watch exactly parallel to the lens and the lens bulls eyeing the center of the dial.

The tachy ring out of alignment will make other things seem off If you look at the photos of yours, the 80 should line up with the marker at 9 and yours ids off. the ring needs to be mover to the right about 2 clicks to line everything up.

Here is a photo of mine (earlier model I believe) and you can see the 60 marker, the 12 marker and the seconds hand all line up. Bezel screw at 11 is off, but that's been taken care of!!

post-327-0-90816500-1423852533_thumb.jpg

I completely agree with you Panerai153, it appears to be 1 or 2 clicks to far clockwise. thanks for your input. What kind of strap do you have there?

That is and AP Bands Dark brown Hornback. It's on and AP Bands 18mm tang buckle. They are much more comfortable to me than the deployant buckles.