When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob sub v5 pictures

Ezio

Lmao been trying to put an order in for one of these for a while, so decided to pull the pin yesterday................CNY strikes again  :bangin:  I must forget about it every year  :inverted:

Will be ordering mine on 1st March  :partytime:  Gorgeous pics btw just wish photography was one of my talents  :)

I have a gen, and I'm comparing the the picture of V5 here with my gen, and I have to admit, there's not a single flaw, except for one.

The only flaw on it is on the deployany clasp's safety buckle, the part with the Rolex crown logo on it. This rep's Rolex crown doesn't look as refined compared to my gen. The rest looks exactly the same. As for the color, I can't tell, because gen Rolex uses Steelinox, and I've seen some other reps, they seemed a little yellower, but I can't really tell from image.

As for the lume, I can't really tell neither, unless it's side by side.

I'm tempted to purchase this rep, but I already have a rep, so it defeats the purpose of it. But I'll wait till GMT-Master 2 gets as close a rep as this is.

EDIT: After reading another post by Legend, I've paid extra attention to the dial's LOGO and OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE wordings. There are flaws (I don't think it's major, but worth taking note of), the P on PERPETUAL isn't aligned to the O of ROLEX. The ROLEX's font is a bit off. R's bottom right serif on gen is extended a little to the right, whereas the rep v5 only extends to the left. The L on ROLEX's L's serif extends too high, almost to the extent that it's almost as high as the E's middle line. On the gen, it's shorter. Even ROLEX's X's serif is wrong, the gen extends to the right, and just a little to the left (lower right part). Somehow, they've got Rolex's wording fonts wrong. Is it major, you guys decide.

Edited by wiz83

Tbh I think your really only gonna notice the engraving under a macro lens, gives you something to insist on when your buying a gen too  ;)  lol can you imagine the look on an AD sales guys face when you do so

:partytime:  just kidding !

• 2 weeks later...

I been laying back for years now waiting on the rep factories to rep a better ceramic! But I may have to come out and play in the future with this one!

Best I seen yet! ...I could build a nice watch out of this!

Thrown a gen dial genbezel assembly with insert ,Gen crown gen crystal..And call it a day!

b146556db06514cba93ff60d0e5298c5.jpg

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!