When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

[PICS] latest Omega Speedmaster SE -sleeping beauty-

Rolexman

I'd say it doesn't get much attention because of the fatal subdial spacing flaw. Most people are turned off by discrepancies which are immediately noticeable. In fact, even though the Speedmaster is my favorite watch of all time, I never bought a rep and instead waited for the real thing. Your rep is VERY nice though.

Cheers, am I right in saying by your pics its sec at 9 like the gen in that regard. I have gen speedy and one of the biggest annoyances apart from the obvious subdial spacing is, to me, the thickness of the case. The gen is do much thinner and finer rather than chunky, and why they never got the bezel insert correct the dividing lines between the numbers are almost touching the outer edge . This doesn't seem to happen on this rep and looks correct. I can live with the 3 and 9 markers as I like the retro case shape and hands more. Think it's a candidate for the next one for the collection..

I have no gen for reference and have not measured it yet. It wears like an Explorer 1. I don't care about the flaws. Nobody knows this version let alone stand has seen it in the 'flesh'. If looks and wears great.

I don't care about the dials either, this is a beauty with loads going for it case, insert, hands, the fact it's smaller is even better news for me as my moonie 42mm is really my limit as far as big watches go.

2280cd7a8a2667caca8e5402ffaa2be6.jpg

I don't care about the dials either, this is a beauty with loads going for it case, insert, hands, the fact it's smaller is even better news for me as my moonie 42mm is really my limit as far as big watches go.

2280cd7a8a2667caca8e5402ffaa2be6.jpg

I agree that the Speedy is a near perfect size. I used to wear big watches (and still wear a Seawolf) but 42mm is the sweet spot for me. My favorite 42mm Omegas:

bd76326a0899e391a3ffdbc2e1d20bb2.jpg

• Like 1

FINALLY, someone bought this one!  It's caught my eye since I first saw it pop up in Toro's new releases, but I was too chicken to be the first.  I've liked this modern take of the straight-lugged "Wally Schirra" Speedy since it was released a few years back.  I think I will make an order soon.

FINALLY, someone bought this one! It's caught my eye since I first saw it pop up in Toro's new releases, but I was too chicken to be the first. I've liked this modern take of the straight-lugged "Wally Schirra" Speedy since it was released a few years back. I think I will make an order soon.

Ordered one for my friend and the quality is amazing and definitely a plus that it comes with a plexi. Additionally, you will get two leather asso straps (2 different colors) and the overall quality is very good. And the seagull movement is extremely reliable :)

Additionally, you will get two leather asso straps (2 different colors) and the overall quality is very good. And the seagull movement is extremely reliable :)

What are the colors?  Different shades of brown?  As far as I know, the gen only comes on a darker brown leather--not Assolutamente (no surprise there!), though the Asso does look pretty good on it.