When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Double ar crystal

leoini

I believe that there were some single AR crystals being sold by a member over on RG or RWI, you would need to go over there and do a search in the AP forums for AR'ed crystals.
AFA what you need to do,
1. AR crystal
2. AR cyclops
3.Movement service

4. Aftermarket or gen strap

If you are in a part of the world (EU) that can safely ship to Germany, I would schedule it in to Domi and have him do the mods as well as a movement service including adding  the jewels to the movement. If you send it to Domi, he can do the AR on the crystal and cyclops, also I would have the numbers and hands relumed, mainly because I'm a lume fanatic. From reading the posts about this one, I believe that the seconds @12 subdial hand is the wrong color, but I'm not sure.

Read this:http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/199667-Black-themes-SIHH-2014-Noob-or-JF/page2?highlight=Noob+Black+themes

Since you are new here, I will give you some unsolicited advice. Read, read and read some more. When you start modding watches, you are stepping off into deep water, with no life vest!! Modding a ROO with just the simple things like  AR, relume, movement service and a good strap will more than double the cost of the watch.  Most folks would say that you need to add a gen or good aftermarket strap, as the rep straps are pretty bad. Now this will cost you another 200-400 USD. The costs add up quickly, so you need to decide what you want to do and how much you want to spend before you start a project like this. Also remember if you decide down the road that you aren't happy with this watch and you want to sell it. you are NOT going to get your money back. With all the things above, you could easily have 1400-1500 USD in the watch. look at the used ROOS that are selling on the forums. I have bought two ROO's in the past 6 months that got the full Domi treatment, both were around 800-850 USD, so they sell at a big discount when you try to resell them.

And by the way, I hate to disillusion you, but even with all the mods, you cannot correct all the faults of a ROO, unless you spend a fortune adding a genuine dial, tachy ring, hands, correct movement, thinning and redrilling the case. All of which will cost several thousand dollars more, IF you can find the correct genuine parts.

The AP ROO's are for the most part, very interesting, unique and beautiful watches, they are also some of the most difficult and expensive to mod. Genuine parts are expensive and hard to find and there are only a couple of people in the world who have the tools and knowledge to build a true "Super Franken" ROO. 

• Like 2

I believe that there were some single AR crystals being sold by a member over on RG or RWI, you would need to go over there and do a search in the AP forums for AR'ed crystals.

AFA what you need to do,

1. AR crystal

2. AR cyclops

3.Movement service

4. Aftermarket or gen strap

If you are in a part of the world (EU) that can safely ship to Germany, I would schedule it in to Domi and have him do the mods as well as a movement service including adding  the jewels to the movement. If you send it to Domi, he can do the AR on the crystal and cyclops, also I would have the numbers and hands relumed, mainly because I'm a lume fanatic. From reading the posts about this one, I believe that the seconds @12 subdial hand is the wrong color, but I'm not sure.

Read this:http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/199667-Black-themes-SIHH-2014-Noob-or-JF/page2?highlight=Noob+Black+themes

Since you are new here, I will give you some unsolicited advice. Read, read and read some more. When you start modding watches, you are stepping off into deep water, with no life vest!! Modding a ROO with just the simple things like  AR, relume, movement service and a good strap will more than double the cost of the watch.  Most folks would say that you need to add a gen or good aftermarket strap, as the rep straps are pretty bad. Now this will cost you another 200-400 USD. The costs add up quickly, so you need to decide what you want to do and how much you want to spend before you start a project like this. Also remember if you decide down the road that you aren't happy with this watch and you want to sell it. you are NOT going to get your money back. With all the things above, you could easily have 1400-1500 USD in the watch. look at the used ROOS that are selling on the forums. I have bought two ROO's in the past 6 months that got the full Domi treatment, both were around 800-850 USD, so they sell at a big discount when you try to resell them.

And by the way, I hate to disillusion you, but even with all the mods, you cannot correct all the faults of a ROO, unless you spend a fortune adding a genuine dial, tachy ring, hands, correct movement, thinning and redrilling the case. All of which will cost several thousand dollars more, IF you can find the correct genuine parts.

The AP ROO's are for the most part, very interesting, unique and beautiful watches, they are also some of the most difficult and expensive to mod. Genuine parts are expensive and hard to find and there are only a couple of people in the world who have the tools and knowledge to build a true "Super Franken" ROO. 

thank you so much for your advise