When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Request for help Daytona 6239, 6263

azbank

Dear Members,

It is for a long time now I am looking to get a vintage daytona 6239 silver panda, or 6263 black. 

I am not happy about the stock dealer options due to their inaccuracy, so I have only one option of getting one built for me. Do you know anyone here who builds the improved version of these by order? perhaps you can point me in the right direction. I know it depends on how much I want to spend and how far I want to go with the gen parts swiss movement etc. but even if I gather all the parts I still need someone to put it all together, so I am thinking maybe there is someone who offers - builds a better version to which I can add on more options?  Another big thing is I am located in the EU so sending and receiving parts/watches from outside of the EU is a an issue with the customs. Perhaps someone within the EU offers what I need. 

Many thanks in advance. 

I also read watchguy.... post about building some. however the post dates back a while and nothing followed. I will write him. The best is to find one in sales area but these are rare to find on sale. 

where can I source a DW case? 

Depends on the movement you want to put inside your watch.

Any modder will build your watch if you choose a 775X movement, but if you choose a Valjoux 72x then you'll find nobody in EU except Domi, and personnaly I had only bad experiences with him.

Could you tell me more about 775X option please. I would be happy with 775X movement also. I thought V72 is easier to install. So you mean taking an automatic 775X movement and changing it to a hand wind or standing it as automatic - in which case I need a taller case to house the automatic movement? My guess is that 775X are easier to source than V72. Could you let me know which 775? will do the job? thanks

Sourcing parts for a 7750 build won't be a problem. There are DW case sets, dials coming up all the time on here and other forums. While the DW dials may not be the absolute most accurate, how many folks have ever seen a 6239? Not many for sure. And as long as you don't drop in to a vintage Rolex get together, you should be fine. You might check with SSteel, he is doing watch repairs in the EU, not sure about modding, but these won't require a lot of modding, maybe re-cutting the threads for a new tube if you want to upgrade to a gen tube/crown.

Start looking on the forums, get your parts together, and then you can get just about anyone who works on watches to build it for you.

Here is a link to a really nice older DW dial and case set over on RG 200 Euros, so he must be close by!!

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=237321&highlight=6239

Not easier, cheaper.

Depends on the movement you want to put inside your watch.

Any modder will build your watch if you choose a 775X movement, but if you choose a Valjoux 72x then you'll find nobody in EU except Domi, and personnaly I had only bad experiences with him.

Thats what I thought, but from " prdubis " I understood that it is somehow more difficult build with v72