When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paypal disputes or WTF is Bergies...

KB

I would just like to bring to your attention the kind of issues many dealers are suffering these days with the 'Do it my way' crowd.

Just before CNY I had a PP dispute from a customer who bought a suit and jacket.

I told this customer (like I do all customers) that I needed his measurements using a tape measure.

To this end he gave me his waist, chest, leg length etc etc.

But when he received the items they were way too large.

After much back and forth he admitted the sizes he gave were wrong but I should exchange the items anyway.

I do not own a factory, I purchase the items from the factory and they will only swap if they have made a mistake.

I therefore offered to help him re-sell the items and then send replacements at cost...instead he started a PP dispute.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer 2;

Bought a Hermes wallet and 2 LV wallets

Whe he received them the Hermes wallet was the wrong colour...I agreed to exchange.

He also said there was issues with the LV's so I asked for pic's.

There was no visual problems with the 2 LV wallets so I ask him what the issue was.

First he said they didn't sit flat...I told him they were new leather, use them a little and they would.

Second he said the bottom seam was a little wide....Personally I have doubts about that but I did point out that they are replica and who will ever get to see the bottom seam of his wallet.

Third (and this is the real issue) the 2 LV wallets felt different...I will admit to be quite taken aback about this...I mean not only are they replica wallets but who in their right mind would carry 2 wallets around so others can get to feel the texture of both?.....I told them there is no way they can be exchanged as they were perfectly good wallets...he started a PP dispute

I also had to ban this member as he told PP about buying replica items, about my replica site and about my legitimate site, he would not have hesitated to add RWG to the damage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer 3;

Bought a Chanel bag and an LV bag

Claimed on receipt that the black Chanel bag was grey with black spots instead of simply black and showed a high resolution pic to support his claim.

He also rejected the LV bag because he claim the LV logo was wrong and showed another high resolution pic as proof.

Although my sales rep and I both had issues that he was using high resolution for something that should be viewed by eye (for example the logo was right but the weight of stroked was not quite the same as gen) we agreed to re-sell the bags at a loss of around $350 and replace.

The new buyer was asked to comment on the bags and to show me pic's, he claims they were fine and the pic's looked good.

In the meantime the replacement Chanel reached the first buyer and he claimed again it was grey with black spots.

I told him that this time we photoed the bag before sending and that I also have pic's of the originals from the second buyer....so he started a Paypal dispute!

The member was also banned when my sales rep urgently told me he had mentioned RWG on the dispute.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have run my business on this board for 8 years, I have pages and pages of reviews from customers not only very happy with my goods but also those happy how I have fixed any issues that come along.

However Paypal has made it clear that if you buy you can easily get your money back but simply stating 'Goods not as described'

How does a seller run a business in an environment that encourages the buyers to scam?

Right now I have about 30 buying requests but noway to offer Paypal.

I will work my way through the list telling all that if they pay by WU I will cover the fee but at the end of the day most customers are not willing to buy unless they have that gun to the sellers head.

Ken

What the F#CK! I think it's time for a Trusted Member section. If you're a TM you can buy from a TD and pay with Paypal.

Paypal gives the customer too much power in my opinion! If I want I can mess with any TD here and have a pretty nice collection of watches and what not, for free.

• Like 1

Guys the problem is, and it is not a widely know fact, that 80% of all sales are first time buyers.

The problem is not noobs as such but a new class of noobs, those that really do not care about anything but getting what they want.

Ken

• Like 1

Guys the problem is, and it is not a widely know fact, that 80% of all sales are first time buyers.

The problem is not noobs as such but a new class of noobs, those that really do not care about anything but getting what they want.

Ken

Hmmm... I don't understand why paypal bothers about rep goods. I mean, they make money when someone is using paypal. If were to own paypal, I wouldn't give a rat's *ss is some one was buying rep goods, cocaine or whatever. It's a business, it's all about making money. So why bother?

Wow those are sad stories of some selfish and self centered people. People like that look for any reason to screw everyone else over. My guess Is they go in with the idea they will do this, then find some [censored] reason to complain. Just straight scammers and if they are not intentional scammers they have unreasonable expectations. They will have same type of issues with genuine products.

Sad deal as it just creates problems for the rest of us.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

I do need to go back to WU now, no choice, but the last time I did that sales went dead quite.

Unfortunately even good customers believe they need the protection of Paypal to keep sellers honest, they really do not count the 8 years of stellar reputation.

Ken

Why have these "members" not been called out on here?

I agree with you about the "new Generation of Noobs" on here and the other sites.  you take a 50/50 chance with a noob in a M2M sale that its going to back fire.  unfortunately as you said, 80% of the business is new customers.

Ken, would a WU tutorial sticky in your forum, maybe help new members understand how it works and that its really not something to be afraid of?  for example; here in Texas, you can go to any Krogers (grocery store), hand them the routing number you give them, pay with cash or debit card, and be done in a matter of minutes.  It costs around $3.00 per hundred spent, or something close to that.  give them the WU discount off their  price and everyone is happy.  I just think WU has this stigma of not being trust worthy, when it really is easy and safe...

Ken you owe me 5 x LV wallets and a lounge suit. If you don't send these yesterday I'll start a PP dispute. Oh and it doesn't matter that I've not bought from you before either.

Yeah, customers eh? I feel your pain. :(

Unfortunately the only resolution is that I am out of pocket for roughly $1000 (not counting lost sales) and my legitimate site is now burned

And yet all the goods I sent were perfectly acceptable.

Ken

Sorry to hear ken you were top shelf guy when my stuff Got stopped Got a refund but not for shipping cost if i remember i paid 115 and Got 70 back which was more Then fair

Sorry to hear about this but [censored] happens get up and running again and [censored] Them

To people who say just use WU as ken say not Many customers Would pay using WU for a safety Reason they Think they need but

Its Also because alot dont know or Think its to much to do to buy something

I Would trust Ken to use WU but i wouldnt buy Anything since WU In my opinion is just to annoying

So sales go low sadly

Hope you get The site up and running again and Worked out ken

Unfortunately the only resolution is that I am out of pocket for roughly $1000 (not counting lost sales) and my legitimate site is now burned

And yet all the goods I sent were perfectly acceptable.

Ken

Ken maybe touch base with some of the bigger dealers like Angus and see how he has his paypal setup, Maybe there is an answer to these types of scammers.

@bwhitesox unfortunately there is not a lot of open sharing between dealers due to the fact we are all in competition.

@AKTime Google wallet is only for Google goods.

Seriously I can't understand why Paypal does not have any major competition, other than the fact they tend to buy their competitors.

Ken

@bwhitesox unfortunately there is not a lot of open sharing between dealers due to the fact we are all in competition.

@AKTime Google wallet is only for Google goods.

Seriously I can't understand why Paypal does not have any major competition, other than the fact they tend to buy their competitors.

Ken

Should be able to send cash to anyone with a google account. No kind of seller or buyer protection though.

Believe the sellers just refund the buyer to avoid getting their PayPal account frozen.

If you think about it though ken, the few bad eggs is guaranteed to happen in every market / industry so refunding them is probably the smartest thing to do than get shut down like this? Sure you lost some money but in the longer run, you will cover those losses

Yes, I can feel you. I am in the same situation and not taking paypal as a payment only from old members and returning customer. 

It is just not fair that you are treated like a regular thief if the buyer says Goods are not as described and he gets his money back.