When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from Montreal

I've been lurking around for a while now, trying to decide if I should start this hobby. I own a few Citizen and I feel the need to get a new watch. After looking for a new one for a while, I stumbled upon the world of replicas...

I remember the days, in the late 80's when you could buy a $50 replica Tag, that looked nothing like the real thing... How have things changed!

Now I really feel the need for a new one.

I've learned so much in the past few months, reading posts here name down there.... You guys are amazing and I can't wait to share my first experience with everyone.

First watch on my list. A 1887 Carrera. I've always had a thing for Tags. I've seen the latest version, with the grey dial and it's simply amazing.

Also, being quite handy, I'm wondering how difficult it is to learn how to care for our watches ourselves. I've seen a few tutorials, videos, posts... Seems like a lot of fun (I've always loved figuring out how things work). Any good place to buy quality tools online? Anyone know a good watchsmith in the Montreal region?

I've always had a thing for Heuer, at least till they were taken over by TAG. Those two names together still seem like a joke to me, especially after TAG only owned Heuer for 14 years before selling to LVMH in 1999. LVMH should have dropped the TAG name then, but as both companies are simply about conspicuous consumption and the appearance of luxury, I suppose it helped the 12 year old French LVMH to keep the 22 year old Luxembourg TAG name attached to the 139 year old Swiss watch company when they bought it. Figure out how that works...

Welcome to the site. Enjoy the journey.