When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 14790... Is it reasonable/doable? Which mvmt?

rillz

If making a franken 14790 with gen dial and hands(found)... Which movement to use? A JLC 889 would be nice, but I'm afraid its far too expensive and rare... So i was thinking a 2892 and an EDGE DW! Does that sound reasonable? Are the hands "crimpable" on the movement? 

BPH should be right for AP cal. 2225 ... right? 

Also, is the current latest version 14790 case and bracelet "good enough" to make a franken build reasonable? Like the 14790 b/c of the closed caseback....

Gen bracelet, possible? 

Thanks in advance! 

Rille

The movement to use would depend on the what the case is built for. If the case is built for a 2836, then the 2892 isn't going to work (for example).

I have no idea on the hand sizes for the gen hands, so it would be hard to say if you could use them on an ETA movement. They can certainly be broached or crimped as needed, as long as the sizes aren't too far off.

I believe in an ideal world you want the MBW as your base, but they aren't made anymore so you'd have to find one in a M2M sale.

Edited by tomhorn