When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wow...it's been a long time...

stac

I haven't been here in years...literally. I was a member of the old forum and one of the first bunch to join here.

Back in 2009 or 10 my obsession stopped...just like that. Bought tons of reps and tools...lots of trial and error...mostly error...but with lots of expert advice and a bit of luck I became a little " franken builder"

My creations are still running strong...all Rollie of course. My modded MBW Sea Dweller is my daily beater and runs a good as my gen.

And just like that...the rep bug bit me again...

After some reading here I'm floored by the changes... Yuki makes a 3135 replica movement...not just colored wheels on a ETA? Wow!

Is Paul still around? He was hit or miss...like ordering a cheese burger and getting a hot dog. Once I ordered a PAM from him and got 2 sub's! Never answered my emails regarding a return so I kept them...gave one to my buddy and he still wears it... Gotta love ETA!

With all that said I think I'm gassing for a nice sub...out of the box...don't want to mod...just wear and enjoy.

I'm thinking maybe Andrews super sub (always had good luck with him) or TC...never heard of him but following links his sub seems to be the "shizzle-manizzle" Maybe LV...not sure yet...

What would yuz guys do...point me in the right direction!

Cheers!

• Like 1

I got my TC V6 Sub about 3 weeks ago. It has now replaced all of my replicas. I never thought I'd say good bye to my PAM 111.TC's the closest thing to out of the box perfection (if there ever was right?). I'm seriously considering buying a real 3135 movement and putting into this.

Welcome back and best of luck!

Hello boys!

Wow...TC sounds like the way to go ...I emailed him two weeks ago and am still waiting for a response. No more modding for me though...my lamps are not as good as they used to be...even with the best of lopes and floodlights I can't see [censored]!

Remember that clown "fliplockbuckle" and all his stupid questions? Lots of guys thought he was doing his crap on purpose...Lots of guys were actually tasking the time to answer his insane queries... What ever happened to that guy from Canada...I can't remember his name but his avatar was a Wright Bros flyer...if my memory serves me correctly...he was a true artist and craftsman...he also did lots of tutorials...a real wizard with movements...I remember I needed screws for a gen Rolex winding bridge...he pm'd me and asked for my address and sent them to me...that's real class.

Hello boys!

Wow...TC sounds like the way to go ...I emailed him two weeks ago and am still waiting for a response. No more modding for me though...my lamps are not as good as they used to be...even with the best of lopes and floodlights I can't see [censored]!

Remember that clown "fliplockbuckle" and all his stupid questions? Lots of guys thought he was doing his crap on purpose...Lots of guys were actually tasking the time to answer his insane queries... What ever happened to that guy from Canada...I can't remember his name but his avatar was a Wright Bros flyer...if my memory serves me correctly...he was a true artist and craftsman...he also did lots of tutorials...a real wizard with movements...I remember I needed screws for a gen Rolex winding bridge...he pm'd me and asked for my address and sent them to me...that's real class.

You mean The Zigmeister?

Yeah he retired from the Board and Ubiq isn't active these days either.

Welcome back btw, good to see some old timers posting in this thread!

I actually had an email exchange with him a couple of weeks ago. He is doing some AR work, and I just was curious about his prices, etc. he told me that his health problems were much better. He lives in North Carolina. Have to say, his email conversations are about as cryptic as before!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If my memory serves me correctly RBJ unfortunately developed some serious medical issues...

remember before he bailed there was a lynch mob gonna form to go hunt him down...remember he had lots of members watches to do mods on before he disappeared...

I think his intentions were good he just got in over his head...

I know RBJ developed some health issues but, honestly he was so disorganized.

To this day I can't believe I sent him $250 cash along with my TT Sub for his "spa treatment".

When I didn't hear from him for a month I called him, he actually gave out his phone number. He took it very lightly, joking how he had packages in his living room stacked to the ceiling, no order in which ones he should work on first, and I'm thinking "you asked me to send cash to you and you don't even know if you received my package?"

Anyway, I finally got the watch back after 3 months and to be honest I wasn't impressed.

You know what...that does ring a bell...he was one of many "self proclaimed" experts lol...too funny...

The Zigmeister could assemble any movement blindfolded and still some of the "experts" would challenge him...remember The Zigmeister's tutorials...brilliant photography and detailed explanations...

I would pm him a question and he would go out of his way...with photos...guiding me...

How about Ubi...I wonder if he still has the same granite counter top in his house...the backdrop for all his pics. I often wondered what he did for a living...he seemed to have an endless pile of cash to buy Daytona cases and movements...

Thanks all for the warm welcome back!

I've forgotten how much fun it was to grab a glass of red and stalk the Rollie forum...

I've been in contact with TC and I definitely got the "warm and fuzzies"... His sub seems to be " wear and go"...not obsessing over the size of the crown, the shape of the cg's, magnification...blah blah blah...

I'm gonna order the V6...just not sure black or LV...in a week or so.

I'm ebaying like a nut right now to raise some funds wifey dont know exisist!

Its starting all over again...but I guess there's plenty of worse things in life.