When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yachtmaster franken build help!

Gaber

Hi All ,

I will start my first franken project with blue JF Yachtmaster latest model, so im collecting the parts right now.

Genuine AR xtal

Install BK DWO

relume the whole thing

Realign the rehaut

And for sure service the movement

So before i start this project, do you guys think BK DWO will fit into the asian 2836-2

And what is the price range for all these mods

share any thoughts and please I want to know who's the best rolex modder here in the United States

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't done much research on the YM, but assuming the gen crystal fits, you are looking at around $600 total for the parts and labor to do it all.

Right now, in the US, I would probably send to PBdad, as he can get all the work done together. Also, just a tip, make sure that you re-lume both the dial and hands, so they match.

If you wanna go more high-end, I think there is one selling on RWI by member 911flyer... But its not cheap! Or it is, if compared to gen of course..... ;)

Problem with the blue yachtmaster is they have a diff case and end links then the older ones with the silver dial.. So as much work as you do, you will be making it look like someone took the older watch and did a dial swap

Old.. New..

As our friend CC33 said there is a big difference between the old version and the newer version and that Yachtmaster posted for sale its nice but the case, bracelet and clasp are wrong for the blue Yachtmaster.

And im working on the newer version case style and clasp so my franken project is totally different

And thanks guys for all your helps and thoughts

I haven't done much research on the YM, but assuming the gen crystal fits, you are looking at around $600 total for the parts and labor to do it all.

Right now, in the US, I would probably send to PBdad, as he can get all the work done together. Also, just a tip, make sure that you re-lume both the dial and hands, so they match.

Thanks buddy I will contact Pbdad and see how much he will charge me for it