When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 2688 movement questions

alias_igme

Good day. 

I just recently got a rep Tank Anglaise with A2688 movement and compared to the A7750 movement, it is just confusing me a lot. 

Perhaps someone can help me with some of my inquiries:

1) how to wind it by hand? on most of the watches I own, they are wound clock-wise. but for the A2688, it feels quite off when winding it that way. it sounds like it is winding properly if I do it counter-clockwise

2) on setting up the date - when the crown is pulled on the next position, winding it counter-clockwise moves the date forward. moving it clockwise just shake the date. Am I correct in assuming that the date only moves in one direction? In other watches with day and date, one direction normally moves the day while the other direction moves the date. 

Thanks in advance. 

Welcome to RWG :)  Do you have a link to the Trusted Dealer you got this rep from please?  Seems an odd movement choice, plus a photo of the movement will help clear things up, and assist helping you further.

It sounds like you may have a Z2, this is also known as the POS Clone, it looks like an ETA, but its actually a clone of the Clone ETA, and some parts are incompatible with one another, plus there are common issues with the Z2 movement, and these are what you address here.  Failing that, talking of the date changing that way, you may even have a DG movement in there of sorts.