When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying,selling read!

Mike on a bike

I agree Mike, I do use gift on rare occasions, but it's only with guys I have done business with before and are long standing here in the community. Still may be a bit of a risk, but not like sending PP gift to some guy who joined a week ago and has 10 posts!! Better to have the protection afforded by the 4% (Just call it insurance).

Mike

I will not take anything but PP gift as my reputation and standing speak for themselves, if a new guy with no track record buys from me and doesn't use PP gift Im not selling as they can cry 'foul'' after the event and I lose my watch/s and money! THere must be exceptions to the statement as it is not about the fee!

Regards

AJ

• Like 2

Mike

I will not take anything but PP gift as my reputation and standing speak for themselves, if a new guy with no track record buys from me and doesn't use PP gift Im not selling as they can cry 'foul'' after the event and I lose my watch/s and money! THere must be exceptions to the statement as it is not about the fee!

Regards

AJ

AJ we do as you are aware this is between friends but overall it is a good policy, buy the seller and the buyer. Now on some of the boards PP gift is forbidden not here this is advise for guys dealing with people they do not know and is sound. If you could take a walk through my PM box last few monthes you would be bumping this everyday like I do.

I always pay the PayPal fee if it's not included. On rare occasions, such as dealing with AJ as I have several times, I'm happy to use a gift payment. As ALWAYS, buy the seller first. I had a narrow escape when I first joined by buying a Seamaster Chrono, the seller wanted a gift payment I offered to pay the fees and how could he say no. He didn't sent the watch and disappeared, but not before fleecing several members with his demands for a gift payment. I was lucky and got my money back.

• Like 1

Also never buy without putting PM sent in a sales thread sometimes deals go wrong and I need to look up when the buy made ETC also sometimes things are going on behind the scenes and I may PM to warn a buyer or seller to wait till things are cleared up. This also helps you as a seller as a record of guy stating he is contacting you in regard.

Glad to see some posts on this topic - I'm disturbed at the # of sales threads I'm seeing lately without tagged pics and cavalier attitudes of members toward the rules. I know I may be a really rule focused person, that's part of my personality disorder, but they are in place for a reason.

On 3/21/2015 at 2:57 PM, 508-Fanatic said:

Glad to see some posts on this topic - I'm disturbed at the # of sales threads I'm seeing lately without tagged pics and cavalier attitudes of members toward the rules. I know I may be a really rule focused person, that's part of my personality disorder, but they are in place for a reason.

And on that note...........

Trading Zone Sales Rules

*** STOP - READ THESE RULES BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH YOUR LISTING ***

• Non-VIP member sales limited to 199.00 USD value, failure to comply will result in your sale being nuked and a warning to seller.
  • Only VIP members with two prior sales are allowed the Paypal "gift" option.
  • This forum is for the sale of personal pre-owned watches.
  • You cannot sell watches that have been purchased for the sole purpose of modding/upgrading then reselling for profit.
  • Your sale will have a complete description of the item, including its Condition clearly stated.
  • Shipping and payment instructions clearly stated.
  • Selling price and a tagged picture are mandatory.
  • Rule of Thumb: honest sellers post good, clear pics to reveal details; dishonest sellers post dark, blurry or distant pics to hide them. Please beware of sellers who fall into the latter category.
  • Any & all special terms must be clearly posted in the sale (payment methods, post count, membership length or status, etc...).
  • Your listing cannot be edited after it's posted, NO pictures or description will be deleted or changed.  Price will not be edited or removed.
  • Any questions about these rules should be addressed prior to the listing.
  • High Value Sales over $1,500 no longer require prior approval.  Caveat Emptor!  Please read our High Value Sales FAQ.
  • VIP members enjoy unlimited dollar value sales privilege.
  • Violation of these rules will result in your selling privileges on this forum being suspended.

Thanks - The RWG Team

I can't agree enough on sales of late, I've chimed in on as many as I can to politely ask for tagged pics, pricing etc etc and while most genuine members are forthcoming with requests some immediately think I'm trashing their sale thread, which I'm not, unless they are doing something dodgy on the sale that is :huh:  don't like scammers, never have never will   :nono:  

• Like 2

I can't agree enough on sales of late, I've chimed in on as many as I can to politely ask for tagged pics, pricing etc etc and while most genuine members are forthcoming with requests some immediately think I'm trashing their sale thread, which I'm not, unless they are doing something dodgy on the sale that is :huh:  don't like scammers, never have never will   :nono:

Amen to that alot of messy sales lately

for a long time our sales section just Worked now our section resemble The other forums

• Like 1

Guys as you read above you wll see Astonjenks as well as others I know of here only take PP gift, you see he got burnt by a buyer useing PP. Does that contradict my advise   :g: no, look at it this way Aston may limit his scope of buyers but prefers this method as he got taken for some serious cash in the past. For myself I send Aston gift payments without a second thought others might not, it's about freedom to make your own choices here. ;)

• Like 2

To be fair I pay on PP gift only when I'm confident in the seller, have dealt with him previously or if its only a small sum of money and he has good feedback, any other time I'd rather pay the fees and be confident in getting the parts/watch in the post  ;)

I don't ask for gift payments in my sales but that could change at any time I guess  :g:

I believe that sellers who break the rules should be punished. On the other forums, if you don't comply with the rules, your listing gets "nuked"!! Pretty easy way to keep sellers in line. Also, if a member removed photos price, etc from a sales thread, he should have a reasonable time to restore the information, if it's not done then suspend their sales privileges for a month or two. Second offense, double the ban, third time ban from selling permanently, also let the other forums know what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I believe that sellers who break the rules should be punished. On the other forums, if you don't comply with the rules, your listing gets "nuked"!! Pretty easy way to keep sellers in line. Also, if a member removed photos price, etc from a sales thread, he should have a reasonable time to restore the information, if it's not done then suspend their sales privileges for a month or two. Second offense, double the ban, third time ban from selling permanently, also let the other forums know what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second this

Well guys unlike the other boards we are not nuke happy. A little common sense goes a long way, see a sales post tags not right or missing just do not buy till they get them up. I think you have seen me post in a sales thread "hey ( insert name) get a tagged pic up. :inverted: ". No drama no power trip just get it posted, no one should be buying till up, aka common sense. I have not run across guys doing it multiple times once they get the hang of how to do it right, if they did I would get more aggressive. Over the years I have seen times of high problems then die down and come back again it is the way of things. ( I did our sales board security long before I was a mod) I surely do not want to be a nuke , ban happy place like some of the other boards and hold myself to a very high burden of proof before blacklisting someone. We are the big boys so no need to run around jumping member with bans and gulags, penalty boxes, time out whatever. If the worse we have is a lot of missing tags at times well so be it that is the price of freedom. I will be the first to admit that sometimes worse things happen and they will, there is no such thing as absolute safety. So everyone must choose there comfort level, draconian control with less risk ( perceived less risk IMHO) or one where you have more freedom and rely on your own wits to guide your actions in regard to safety. I happen to think you guys can handle yourselves well that is why I am here, I like to hang out with smart people. ;)

• Like 2

Well guys unlike the other boards we are not nuke happy. A little common sense goes a long way, see a sales post tags not right or missing just do not buy till they get them up. I think you have seen me post in a sales thread "hey ( insert name) get a tagged pic up. :inverted: ". No drama no power trip just get it posted, no one should be buying till up, aka common sense. I have not run across guys doing it multiple times once they get the hang of how to do it right, if they did I would get more aggressive. Over the years I have seen times of high problems then die down and come back again it is the way of things. ( I did our sales board security long before I was a mod) I surely do not want to be a nuke , ban happy place like some of the other boards and hold myself to a very high burden of proof before blacklisting someone. We are the big boys so no need to run around jumping member with bans and gulags, penalty boxes, time out whatever. If the worse we have is a lot of missing tags at times well so be it that is the price of freedom. I will be the first to admit that sometimes worse things happen and they will, there is no such thing as absolute safety. So everyone must choose there comfort level, draconian control with less risk ( perceived less risk IMHO) or one where you have more freedom and rely on your own wits to guide your actions in regard to safety. I happen to think you guys can handle yourselves well that is why I am here, I like to hang out with smart people. ;)

You Said it Mike :) Also why i Call this place home and i just seen my VIP ran out Will have to upgrade again :)!