When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying,selling read!

Mike on a bike

Has anybody tried PayPal's new "pay after delivery" service yet?

sounds like a good idea but i dont know the details about it..

BTW, i think even with the PP Gift option, people still got screwed on RWI.

Sounds like COD haha, and I would never accept that unless I was genuinely friends with someone and had done multiple transactions with them and knew where to find them.

Just to add;

I am certain that MoaB is referring to M2M sales here.

Dealers (such as myself) who have had their PP accounts burned by scammers have no other option than to take WU.

Ken

This is a great place to sell items. I only accept paypal gift. I would rather keep the item I'm sell than do a regular pp transaction. I almost got screwed on eBay and on other sites by phony scumballs trying to shake me down for that extra discount. When pp gift is posted if the buyer doesn't agree with it then just don't buy the item.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the biggest issues I have in selling around the forums is that after discussing full price net you cover the fees, members still send the amount minus the fees. On higher priced items it becomes an issue. Most members understand, some others not too sure. Then as a seller you have to hound these people for the fees etc... And it becomes a pain in the [censored] as well as embarrassing. It you as a buyer agree to a price net fees on you, dammit just do that. Don't send the funds via PP and hope the buyer will just eat it. Part of the pricing on most items have an understanding of fees, shipping charges and loss on the seller's behave.

Just needed to vent.

E

One of the biggest issues I have in selling around the forums is that after discussing full price net you cover the fees, members still send the amount minus the fees. On higher priced items it becomes an issue. Most members understand, some others not too sure. Then as a seller you have to hound these people for the fees etc... And it becomes a pain in the arse as well as embarrassing. It you as a buyer agree to a price net fees on you, dammit just do that. Don't send the funds via PP and hope the buyer will just eat it. Part of the pricing on most items have an understanding of fees, shipping charges and loss on the seller's behave.

Just needed to vent.

E

I have had a couple of these type transactions. I PM or email the buyer Nd tell them that they are short X dollars. When they send the remainder, I ship. If they don't respond or start complaining, I just refund their purchase price. That usually get's their attention, if not, I move on.i don't have the time or inclination to deal with folks that are not serious.t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have had a couple of these type transactions. I PM or email the buyer Nd tell them that they are short X dollars. When they send the remainder, I ship. If they don't respond or start complaining, I just refund their purchase price. That usually get's their attention, if not, I move on.i don't have the time or inclination to deal with folks that are not serious.t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1

"Most members understand, some others not too sure."  In some cases they do not understand, others are just being cute.  I have a solution: price is w/ fees $ &*^%  (so you figure it out and give price) no need to be a prick about it just say " OK net price is X PP me that".

• 11 months later...

In general i've noticed that folk around this place are gentlemen beyond reproach - and a cut above most of the other rep forums in terms of etiquette. However, without mentioning names I need to vent a little...

As an EU based member I quite like to buy my reps from an EU source which normally means M2M sales.  This means having to wait patiently for the desired models to come up and then i have to move quick when they do.  So...  when I contact a seller just minutes after a watch is listed for sale with a really committed asking price offer... which is then accepted and payment details and address exchanged... I get a little bent out of place when the seller then tells me he's sold it to somebody else who sent payment before me.  And to be clear i'm not talking about sending payment 24 hours later this was 30 minutes!!  Anyway seller apologised, refunded me, and I pointed out my frustrations and the world moves on...

Its only watches right :-)

Please remain honest and true gentlemen above all else guys.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
58 minutes ago, alexxali said:

Hye guys alex here I have a best clones offer  for  you . we have quality clones  treated with care.  free of mites, aphids, pests, mold, mildew and other hosts of diseases. 

Clones list:

San Fernando Valley (SFV) OG

Better Than Yours (BTY) OG

Skywalker OG

GG4

Gelato #33, Gelato #41 and Gelato #45

and many more.......

Targeted areas:  Los Angeles and Inland Empire,

Kindly visit us,

https://twitter.com/SixtyTrees

Have you got a lume shot?