When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer 1 QC pics (PureTime)

Ayr

Nice thanks, going to do some digging on that :)

Edit: It is a 21j by the way

Edit 2: PM'd TC about hands and told him it's a 21j

the explorers are great reps.

the main flaw is the hands.

easily fixed with a set of TC hands unless its a 21j.

there are plenty of skinny merc hands for 21js too.

everything else looks great.

Edited by Ayr

Thanks but I wouldn't put you through the hassle til I've done the legwork myself. Will try raffles and see if I can get some there. Really good of you to offer! Pointin' me in the right direction is super though, saved me hours searchin ;)

Yea. TC doesn't sell 21j hands.
You can order some from raffles.

I might actually have a hour and min hand for a 21j. I think they're gold though.
If you want em, I can mail them to you.

It arrived and is ticking away fine (cheapest 21j movement). Time from payment to delivery was 10 days in total. Thought I'd get a quick wrist shot up! 

Looks how I expected and is exactly what I was looking for - something low key and comfortable to wear. Going to make a great beater until I get an IWC 40mm Ingenieur some day. My wrist is around 6.5 to 6.75 and this watch looks just a tad on the small side (the picture focusing on the watch makes it look large, but in normal viewing it looks smallish - will take a pic later to show what I mean). I like watches to be proportionate to the wrist for daily use, but I think an mm or two larger would still have worked fine. I have a 36mm watch that feels and looks much larger than this  B). I was expecting the bracelet to be roughly done, (was even shopping around before it arrived for a possible replacement) but it's smooth and comfortable and wouldn't consider changing it now.

Exp1.jpg

Edited by Ayr

Guest REPPIN

I dont mean to rant, but that watch is the PERFECT SIZE for your 6.5 inch wrist. 

I cant seem to understand why all these people out there think they need to wear a 44mm or larger watch...posers I guess. 

It looks great man, classy, understated and great for your wrist size. I have a 7.5 inch wrist, and i have the same watch, and I think it fits me great...but then again, my daily wearer is a 36mm explorer or a 37mm Daytona. 

^^ i agree.

i used to LOVE big watches.

i wore 45 and 47mm ones and looking back now, i must have looked ridiculous.

the biggest watch i wear now is a 40mm TC Sub and sometimes that feels pretty big.

i think my 36mm Vintage EXP I is the perfect size. i also have a 6.5in wrist.

keep the watch man. its the perfect size for you. youre not a rapper trying to "ball out" or whatever.

its a good looking watch. id just replace the hands and it would be perfect.

• Like 1

I dont mean to rant, but that watch is the PERFECT SIZE for your 6.5 inch wrist. 

I cant seem to understand why all these people out there think they need to wear a 44mm or larger watch...posers I guess. 

It looks great man, classy, understated and great for your wrist size. I have a 7.5 inch wrist, and i have the same watch, and I think it fits me great...but then again, my daily wearer is a 36mm explorer or a 37mm Daytona. 

Yeah totally, the only reason I think it looks a bit small in person is because of the bracelet width is close to the bezel width (+3 each way I guess) which makes it look a bit 'bracelety'. he pic I posted doesn't really show that though, and it's only a minor niggle. I'm into bracelet watches at the moment so wouldn't put a strap on this.

^^ i agree.

i used to LOVE big watches.

i wore 45 and 47mm ones and looking back now, i must have looked ridiculous.

the biggest watch i wear now is a 40mm TC Sub and sometimes that feels pretty big.

i think my 36mm Vintage EXP I is the perfect size. i also have a 6.5in wrist.

keep the watch man. its the perfect size for you. youre not a rapper trying to "ball out" or whatever.

its a good looking watch. id just replace the hands and it would be perfect.

I'm with you 100%. Always said that watch sizes should be proportionate to wrist size. I couldn't imagine wearing a 44. A small wearing 40 or 41 would probably be the biggest I'd ever feel comfortable with. Raffles was away there, just noticed his site is back up again now, so going to message him about the hands. 

The QC shows the micro etching at the 6. Do reps have those generally? That's some fine attention to detail.

I thought that was pretty impressive too. One of the reasons I went for this rep. 

When you are sizing up a watch on your wrist, try standing naturally with your arms at your sides, in front of a mirror. This is what the watch really looks like on your rist and you will probably find that it looks bigger that you thought it looked just looking down at your own wrist.

• Like 1

Looks smaller then! Probably because I'm quite broad and my arms are thick  B)

When you are sizing up a watch on your wrist, try standing naturally with your arms at your sides, in front of a mirror. This is what the watch really looks like on your rist and you will probably find that it looks bigger that you thought it looked just looking down at your own wrist.