When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DELETE ! admin delete the entire topic !

rolli

Mm.. I'm confused; i've read some of your posts to know you know enough about the specs of the rolli/fgd dials by now to ask such a question.....?

Nope.

Rolli has specified a "swiss technique" but never specified location of creation.

Therefore my question was simply if they are made in Switzerland or elsewhere such as China.

The technique undoubtedly creates a very nice result but the question still stands.

Sent from the my iPhone using Tapatalk s

The answer is .........

The dials are "made" by a combination of providers all of which are either in Switzerland or on the bordering areas. 

Every one of these providers works for existing high end Swiss watch brands today.

Their location is kind of irrelevant , unless you think that every single part of every Swiss Made watch brand  is made in Switzerland ?

One is responsible for the creation of the dials , including 3D cad / vector artwork tuning , manufacturing and finishing.

One is responsible for development of the custom luminous pigment and application to dials and hands.

One is responsible for the final printing of the dial text.

This way , not one single maker is responsible or fully aware of the others existence or role and only one party actually has to produce the Panerai lettering.

Only the Pre-V hands are Chinese made , my old Helenarou ones from my early Pre-v projects. These are however lumed in Switzerland.

I'm not sure if you have been to Switzerland recently ....but it's not cheap , a large Starbucks Latte now costs about $15 equivalent so these dials are fantastic value :)

Buy if you want ....don't if you don't :)

Cheers

FGD

• Like 1

preA 002-009 are in the making.

regards

rolli

I'd prefer a 002/009 Pre-A dial before an 000. As others have said, it's not as rare of a dial and sourcing a gen dial is a lot easier than pre-v or pre-a dials.

all dial specification text in all threads have the note - Swiss Made -

oem swiss dial maker,  and made in switzerland, oem rules for swiss made,    etc etc..

when nobody of you guys don't read exactly the specification text and see only the pics,

then that is a sign of poor mental attitude.

sorry but i have no other words

rolli

My guess would be Asia location, but so are a lot of Swiss watch maker parts. Interested in the answer though.

when nobody of you guys don't read exactly the specification text and see only the pics,

rolli

Wow, defensive much? The question posed was actual location where these are made, which this thread gave no actual specs nor indication of location made, only "Swiss oem std". FGD answered the question already, and with much more grace than you seem to have. You are the one with the poor mental attitude, and it's unfortunate for FGD that your attitude also reflects poorly on him as well by association.

I'm glad you have no more words because it may be best that you stay out of customer service related aspects of this endeavor and leave that to someone better equipped to handle.

• Like 2

then I am glad that you have understood this.

rolli

Wow, defensive much? The question posed was actual location where these are made, which this thread gave no actual specs nor indication of location made, only "Swiss oem std". FGD answered the question already, and with much more grace than you seem to have. You are the one with the poor mental attitude, and it's unfortunate for FGD that your attitude also reflects poorly on him as well by association.

I'm glad you have no more words because it may be best that you stay out of customer service related aspects of this endeavor and leave that to someone better equipped to handle.

all dial specification text in all threads have the note - Swiss Made -

oem swiss dial maker, and made in switzerland, oem rules for swiss made, etc etc..

rolli

The answer is .........

The dials are "made" by a combination of providers all of which are either in Switzerland or on the bordering areas.

Sounds like what you're saying is again false and misleading.

Sounds like they're actually not made in Switzerland?

FGD already mentioned that it is not made in Switzerland but rather in various places including "surrounding countries"

Get an attitude adjustment if you plan on interacting with other members. Maybe FGD can give you some PR lessons since you're just so abrasive time and again

You've already been reprimanded for your false use of negative feedback here on RWG (a quick search shows the thread) and banned on 3 of the other rep forums. You should consider perhaps if it will be in your favor to act a bit more adult like to sell such expensive hobbyist parts. It would be in your favor and to the benefit of an otherwise fun hobby.

Cheers

oem dial maker sit only in switzerland,

oem dial pinter sit only in switzerland,

developer and producer for lume materials rc tritec sit only in switzerland,

in other contries around switzerland are no oem dial maker with high end machine park,

only hands are made in hong kong,

but the old paint and and lume was emoved from the hands by a swiss hands company and new special developed lume material coated by rc tritec in switzerland, also the dials indices filled by rc tritec switzerland.

you can read all the workings in each dial specification text  in all our threads i wrote this,

everyone who deals with watches professional know this that oem maker and companies for watch parts sit in switzerland , and the most of them in the jura in switzerland, the french sitzerland.

and everyone who collect watches professional, also know this.

only you don't understand this.

because your style is to make criticism and mobbing for fun.

FGD knows exacly that all the workings are made in switzerland.

rolli

Sounds like what you're saying is again false and misleading.

Sounds like they're actually not made in Switzerland?

FGD already mentioned that it is not made in Switzerland but rather in various places including "surrounding countries"

Get an attitude adjustment if you plan on interacting with other members. Maybe FGD can give you some PR lessons since you're just so abrasive time and again

You've already been reprimanded for your false use of negative feedback here on RWG (a quick search shows the thread) and banned on 3 of the other rep forums. You should consider perhaps if it will be in your favor to act a bit more adult like to sell such expensive hobbyist parts. It would be in your favor and to the benefit of an otherwise fun hobby.

Cheers

Guys, cool your jets! Who cares where these dials are made. They could be made in a basement in the Congo for all I care. The results speak for themselves.

There are a few members here that are instigating for no reason and frankly I don't understand why. Rolli/FGD/whoever was involved is making a great dial and you're just pressing buttons. It's pretty obvious that English isn't Rolli's first language so some of his messages may get lost in translation or come across harsher than what is intended.

• Like 1

Guys, cool your jets! Who cares where these dials are made. They could be made in a basement in the Congo for all I care. The results speak for themselves.

There are a few members here that are instigating for no reason and frankly I don't understand why. Rolli/FGD/whoever was involved is making a great dial and you're just pressing buttons. It's pretty obvious that English isn't Rolli's first language so some of his messages may get lost in translation or come across harsher than what is intended.

Thanks - you've beaten me to it :) 

I'm not sure what is going on here , but I sense a disturbance in The Force.

Everybody who has bought one of these has got what they paid for , no-one has been misled or in anyway the victim of a fraud.

Rolli's reputation and time spent on this forum speak volumes , as does mine and the many satisfied members who own our dials.

I found the comment from GOBSH that this reflects poorly on me by association interesting ......as if the alternative is to dis-associate myself from a friend and partner when they are under pressure ?

Rolli's much more emotionally involved in this , his "art" given he has poured countless hours of his time, effort and passion into making these projects happen for EVERYONE.

It really would be a lot easier for us to just make 2 dials for ourselves.

I can accept there will be "haters', that's just life , but most people are not and that's what counts.

To quote Gandhi :

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty"

Thank you to all the "clean drops" I've met in the 8 years I've spent on this forum.

Best

FGD

• Like 1

here some additinal words:

all swiss oem watch part maker are members in the swiss united central association for swiss watch making.

they have rules which regulate the materials quality and kind of manufactur,  etc.

and to use which machines.

the swiss rules are very hard and only swiss watchmaking companies with a special number of employees are members there.

i have the huge luck to know some of them personally, and that's why they work for me for years.

and only if one is to comply with the swiss rules, then it is allowed to print swiss made.

when a dial get the galvanic process, then it must be used a special brass alloy for the dials.

and for the different special dial thicknesses,  this brass materials will be produce only in switzerland.

i thought other brass dealer in other contries would have all the thicknesses and the necessary alloy, unfortunatly not, only in switzerland for the dial maker and movement maker and gears maker you can buy the special brass alloy with the different thicknesses for all the dial types and movement types.

dials vector graphics will be made by a vector program, or auto cade program.

the exactness of the dial vector graphic will be made with very important x - y axis coordinates,

which guarantees the exact placement of all the dial and graphic elements.

i've studied the vector graphic design , only to control and to help the engineer for a perfect dial vector graphic including all the pam specific lettering differences.

and the dial maker engineer employee work with auto cad and he controls evrything again.

also it is important to use an oem swiss dialmaker,  he has all dial jigs for all movements to set the movement specific feets.  and know exactly all measurements of the dials,

i also studied all differences, based on optical laser measurings of genuine pam dials,

i know evrything.

before we started i studied each point. and made many sample dials and tests.

the dial making is a very complicated field, also the dial printing,

to know and control the tolerances with the steel clichee and print result,

to use is only swiss berlac paint for the dial print, it has a special consitence and viscosity.

the swiss dial printer with a master certificate and not any employee.

i only work with best swiss contacts what is possible.

and maybe some of you will remember, we already made the 360 dial beginning 2011.

and two years before i woked with the swiss dial maker and made sample dials.

and developed some of the rc tritec colors , and some as special color lume material for me.

i learned from berlac manager about the different varnishes and paints about different consistences and viscosity for the dials surface and lettering paints and colors.

that's why i also have the original 036 + 055 tabacco paint from berlac switzerland.

berlac AG is also one of the swiss association.

I hope this report provides more insight why swiss making is important

all the best

rolli

an additional information report:

without a special punching machine for the dial plates and

without a special  jig ( clamping device )

to set the feets and welding the feets or the special jig

to install the brass dial plate with feet on the swiss almac cnc machine,

a special machine made for dial miling also for 3D dials or skeleton dials and movement making, is the almac cnc machine with 5 fast running stems,   without these equipment it is not possible to make dials.

this has a swiss oem dial maker.

and also my dial maker has several of this machines.

any dial maker in another country has not this equipment and not this jigs for all the different dials and movements.

dial printer have special print machines with special jigs for this dials with different print heads and must have the possibility to make steel cliches.

steel clichees will be made with etching technology.

print jigs will be made by a dial maker with engravings of lines coordinates and lettering frames on top for the precise left / right balanced alignment of the dial, 

then the dial will be fixt with its feet and with vacuum pump from underside of the print jig.

galvanic bath:  a swiss oem dial maker must have many different galvanic baths,

5 different black galvanic tones,

different silver baths, 

grey galvanic = rhodium galvanic bath,

bronze bath,

copper bath

and different test bath for different additional colors,

machines for the dial surface brushing cut like sunburst cut, or vertical brushing cut.

think about all the watches on market from swiss watch brands,

then you know who makes the parts,  only swiss dial maker, swiss movement maker, 

case maker, dial application maker, numerals and marker for on top applications.

hands maker for all shapes.

and swiss companies who make only the dial lume fillings and hands fillings,

rc tritec makes it only for smaller customers. their main product is developing of high grade lume materials in all colors.

our dials can be made only in switzerland with the top oem dial maker based on the high precision work and must be made by an engineer.

no other dial maker in another country could make our dials.

regards

rolli

How much will pricing be?

I think it will be a tough sell for this 000 dial at your typical $450 usd for dial and hands especially when gen dials and hands are out there to be found and the gen watch as a whole watch can be found below $5k.

Agree with the prior poster that you would be better off making rarer dials like what you had been doing that are not as easily attained. Even the cheapy replica ones aren't that bad now.

I honestly do not think you can compare Rolli's dials with any replica dial.  I personally own one of his dials and hand sets and its utterly amazing...

I do not agree with your statements above.   I think you need to do a little more homework before you criticize Rolf's Dials.

Buy one and then let me know your opinion...

I also want to say "hi" to all my old friends.  I am currently not in the best of health and not not been visiting my home away from home,  RWG... The Best

Watch Forum on the Planet".

I had a decent day today and I hope all of you are doing well... ;)

Michael

and not to forget,

all the dials are real swiss oem technology making

with top swiss almac cnc machines and top auto cad systems programming by engineers.

original real rc tritec and made by rc tritec and filled by rc tritec, dial and handset,

material is high grade-A quality triple luminosity C3 Super Luminova.

the most expensive material of the rc tritec program.

handfilled with a stylograph made by rc tritec.

all procedures of the oem making is highest quality with oem swiss materials.

no asia quality comes in the near of this swiss oem quality.

and this is fact.

all members who tell wrong things and try to give a negative effect should better

keep out.

regards

rolli

Yea we get it Rolli and I also didn't appreciate your negative and quite frankly rude PM that I received from you all because I said 'If the price is right'...Get over yourself.

• Like 2

swiss making is extreme expensive, we only made and make a small producton number, and the prices are made by the swiss maker and not by me or by FGD.

when someone say………….  ok when the price is right then please put me on the list.

i never heard this or could read it from another member.

I find your statement as rude.

it would be enough if you had said nothing, or only ok.

and later you could say ,no sorry the price is for me too much.

but this kind of statement from you was not polite.

rolli

Yea we get it Rolli and I also didn't appreciate your negative and quite frankly rude PM that I received from you all because I said 'If the price is right'...Get over yourself.

Wow. Sorry to read about your negative experience.

• Like 1

No problem GBOGH he did himself out of a customer who was going to buy a few dials off of him.

Here's his lovely PM;

your statement

(   If the price is right then put me down for one please  )

you know the price is never right.

because it is swiss making oem standard in highest quality made from the best swiss dial maker , printer, and rc tritec filling.

so...

who makes the price  =  answer  =  the maker.

for whom is the price right =  answer =  not for you  !!!!!!!!!

usd 400 plus is for sure not right for you.

for you is right the asia [censored] quality , not top swiss quality.

regards

rolli

• Like 1

Bwhitesox, sorry also about your negative experience.

It seems Rolf is unable to properly interact with others to sell his product.

Sad for sure for such nice products.

After all his actions I'm surprised RWG is still a place where his antics are welcome.

He's been banned everywhere else already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cannot believe that you guys question rollie/fgd. I cannot afford his dials, but instead of attacking him I admire his superb work and the creations the members show after they are finished.

Ask yourself, is the price of a Rolex right? It sure is a bunch of metal and other materials put together. But don't forget the amount of time spent of designing it, prototyping it, building it, qc'ing it, etc. A dial is not the same as a watch but I'm sure you get the point.

There's a sh*tload of time and energy spent in each of his dials. Time is money my friends. Not to mention the quality compared to a plastic piece of asian crap.

I cannot afford a dial, but I'm pretty sure the price is right!