When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROC Daytona 6263 from Mumbai - thoughts?

508-Fanatic

Hey all!

I won this dial on eBay for literally $61.

The seller seems to be cranking them out readily, it even has a "Singer" stamp on the back, although highly unlikely it's a Singer plate. These are out of Mumbai and I was very dubious at first but since it's not a significant amount of money, I figured hey why not?

Here's the initial iPhone photo's - I'll take high-res shots with the Canon later.

I'm not at all an expert on these dials but this is my next build, and I'd like it to be quality.

I'm planning:

- Valjoux 72 donor movement with Phong bridges, etc. Will find one with rose-wheels, etc.
- Phong Case, bezel etc.

- Gen crown

- Gen pushers if I can find them, or O-Frei if Phong's aren't up to snuff

- Hands to be sourced 

- Gen Plexi

What do we think of the dial? I think it's missing the concentric rings in each chrono section

post-67250-0-00428600-1427294723_thumb.j

post-67250-0-41850300-1427294730_thumb.j

I think they are just very faint - I can sort of feel them there - 

I can't tell a lot of difference between the $61 dial and this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-Vintage-COSMOGRAPH-DAYTONA-Silver-Dial-6262-6263-6265-6239-6241/321702108301

Here's the guy I bought it from - looks like they're sold out at the moment --- http://www.ebay.com/usr/whitelotus24in

• Like 1

Dammi, 508, you need to learn how to focus!  :D

The subdial shine in the first photo suggests that the concentric rings are there; there wouldn't be that vinyl LP look, otherwise.  The weakest part, in my eyes, is the white printing on the subdials.  Fonts/spacing looks off and the contrast could be a lot better.  And that Singer imprint on the back shouldn't fool anyone!  Overall, a pretty good dial for $61.  

If you are going to spend a couple of grand building a nice watch, I would find a REALLY good dial and then build the watch around it. Those are terrible photos, however even at that, this is not the dial you would even think about if you were going to build a proper  Daytona.