When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's talk about Subs

positivitony

...and no, I don't mean sandwiches, while I do love those as well.

Lately I've been debating whether or not I should finally take the plunge (pun intended) and buy a Sub. Something I could hit the water in my imaginary 73 foot yacht with, then dry off, put on my power suit and look just as good in it at work. With the release of these new V5 models from Noob, I've been VERY tempted. Only issue is, I, being as indecisive as I am, have been flip-flopping between the date model and no-date model. I've even had the occasional thought of going gen *gasp*, but that wouldn't be for a while. It seems like this newest batch of Subs is the most accurate yet, but I am by no means an expert. Please bombard me with wristies of your Subs so I can come to a firm conclusion of which model I want to buy (or end up even further confused).

Thanks mates.

I'd say Cartel or MBW case, then send to Necky for proper engravings, send to me to drill out the lugs, and Dbane for case shaping / bevels then you're off to a good start. 

Great info!  I'll make a mental note of this for future reference.  Yuki dial seems to be a good choice here, as well.

Mine is Cartel with lugs drilled and case already shaped and beveled by RA...all ready to wear but you can send it to 508 for some proper engravings though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome.  Is your crown gen?  Are the stock Cartel hands OK or is a set of Yuki hands matched with the dial a better choice?  I know a lot of people opt to get a matching set of hands with the Yuki 1016 dial.  Not sure if the 5513 is the same way or not.