When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Midcases: TC vs star time vs Phong

phwtan

Hello

I've got a gen 93250 bracelet that is slightly loose on my TC v6 (lug width is approx 20.15mm), which got me wondering, which case is the best for accepting gen components for a SEL 16610?

By best, I refer to how well it accepts gen components like bracelet, watch back, bezel, etc, shape of CG, finish, etc. not too concerned about engravings.

Super Franken modders out there, what are your thoughts?

TC vs star time vs phong vs Sean?

Edited by phwtan

I did pretty well with the ST3035 case and a set of rep SELs and noob bracelet. But the bracelet isn't really correct for a 16800 matte dial franken.

photo%205_zpscndxddmy.jpg

Don't know if you can still get the ST3135 case or not. If you could, a TC KH dial with the 2824-2 movement and your 93250 would look good- there was a period from around 2000 to 2003 when the lugholed cases were fitted with the SEL 93250. 

Here's a Y serial with the lugholed case and SEL 93250- circa 2003. This is the last of the lugholed cases.

RLX50691.jpg

Older bezel insert with the flat 4 in 40.

Last of the Y serials had the 16610 T case- no luholes and different bezel insert

T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSHgBQeDIBUg60_31.jpg

• Like 1

Dont think you can really beat the TC for now.

But honestly, try not to blow your budget, the genuine 16610 isnt that far out of reach after you start compiling these parts you gonna be sending yourself north of $2K

I just saw a Z serial mint 16610 B&P and some nice straps for $4250 on

TimeZone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

The ST case is a gen case replacement, so all gen parts should fit. Matt built my 16613 with a ST case, gen dial, crown/ tube and Crystal along with an 18k aftermarket bezel and gen insert. I believe that everything fit with no problems.

6a5f46d1a4ab58b04425d627728708bc.jpg

7bcef9d5148ab602d33daf48ed35b884.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1