When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Incoming 5513

Beachcomber

Just finished the deal the other day with Themillerdave and I can wait to receive it. This 5513 had some issues with the keyless but Dave made sure it his watchmaker repaired the watch before we closed the deal. It's a beautiful FF with taxi cab patina (all natural) and complete with a nice 93150 bracelet. As you can see the insert is something that I am looking to replace, other than that this is a nice honest 5513 that will bring me years of pleasure. I just wanted to add that Dave is fantastic to deal with he walked me through the entire ordeal and doing this with me can be a challenge, he's a true gentleman.

I will post a full series of photos once it arrives.

Here's a couple of bragging pics.

288b7edc45971207a07156e0bf8a1e0f.jpg

4115493dd4f6995a67b82d117871d158.jpg

254e497b9ed471bcaf841d06d2833893.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm always so weary on these taxicab ones but the important thing here is the valuable source trust.

Congratulations man. Wear it in good health.

Sent from the my iPhone using Tapatalk s

Yeah, I know what you mean but the seller is solid. Did you know the darker the Tritium the less exposure to sunlight the watch has had. So one where the plots are white would mean the watch was worn quite a lot compared to one with darker plots.  

Yeah, I know what you mean but the seller is solid. Did you know the darker the Tritium the less exposure to sunlight the watch has had. So one where the plots are white would mean the watch was worn quite a lot compared to one with darker plots.

I just read about this same fact the other day over on a Hodinkee article. Very interesting detail to know.

It made me think - everyone doing aging to vintage watches is going about it the wrong way. They age the watch parts to make them look used and worn, and they fade the insert to make it look like it has seen years of sun, but then they make the hands and lume plots dark and heavily patinated. That would imply a safe queen with little wear.

Edited by Mendota Explorer

That last photo is amazing!!

My SD 1665 came from a commercial diver that wore it to the bottom (literally) of the 7 seas. Its lume plots are pure stark white.

That last photo is amazing!!

My SD 1665 came from a commercial diver that wore it to the bottom (literally) of the 7 seas. Its lume plots are pure stark white.

Thanks all....yes, an interesting point, white has definitely seen more sun than patina on the plots.

Here is a picture of a gen feet first dial that you would expect to see on a 2-4 million serial range before the precomex and Maxi dials 

Look at the S in Oyster.  Look at the flat S in Submariner.  Look at the placement of the SWISS T < 25.  Look at the thickness of the font

Non_Serifs_Detail1.jpg

Edited by pam007

Yeah, guys I know, this was a genuine mistake and the seller and I are in the process of working it out. Thanks for your PMs Pam but I could have done without the chastising about buying a gen on a rep forum, wasn't any need for that, as I have always said buy the seller and in this case the seller is great just an honest mistake.

I apologize for saving you from getting burned.

next time I'll keep my mouth shut

As I asked mods, please lock, comments like this is exactly what I don't want, nobody got burnt as you put it, nor would I have been. Maybe you'll realize it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Yes.  I apologize again for not taking into account your sensitive disposition. 

I thought a "Thank You" was in order but got a [censored] YOU

Instead of sending me a PM about your sensitivity, you decided to post it publicly and then ask the mods to close the thread. 

Edited by pam007