When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian2836 vs Swiss ETA 2836 What is the difference

DWatches

Hi

I was confused on these two movement, asian2836 and swiss eta 2836, is there a difference in this two movement or they are the same? Why some seller mentioned asian 2836 and some mentioned swiss eta 2836 on rolex model. Anyone can highlight me and is there any pic to see the difference?   

Thanks.

Edited by DWatches

they are very similar in appearance, "swiss" has a more refined finish with brushed parts and parts being precisely machined. i have never had problems with genuine etas. every asian copy ive had has had various problems either right away or eventually. some people will say a service is a cure all, but that doesnt make up for poorly machined parts.

given the choice i would get the eta produced version whether its made in asia with their machinery under their guidance or actually made in switzerland over a GZ made eta or otherwise.

there are also swiss eta copies offered by some dealers, selling sellita movements, i would also choose these over the eta copies made by non affiliated chinese factories. even the seagul eta copy isnt quite there yet.

they are very similar in appearance, "swiss" has a more refined finish with brushed parts and parts being precisely machined. i have never had problems with genuine etas. every asian copy ive had has had various problems either right away or eventually. some people will say a service is a cure all, but that doesnt make up for poorly machined parts.

given the choice i would get the eta produced version whether its made in asia with their machinery under their guidance or actually made in switzerland over a GZ made eta or otherwise.

there are also swiss eta copies offered by some dealers, selling sellita movements, i would also choose these over the eta copies made by non affiliated chinese factories. even the seagul eta copy isnt quite there yet.

same here only asian copys have caused me issues