When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing fake plates/rotors

GenTLe

Hi,
yesterday I received a ZF Pam571 (from here: http://www.intime.co/panerai/1864-pam571-p-titanium-zf-1-1-best-edition-on-black-rubber-strap-zp9000.html) and a Miyota orange PO (frome here too: http://www.intime.co/omega/1810-planet-ocean-professional-orange-bezel-42mm-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a8500.html ).
The PO for me and the Panerai for a colleague.

As usual I took both at home to regulate them and put some silicon grease on the gaskets.

And for the 1st time I faced the "camouflaged movements".

In fact, despite that the Pam is a closed caseback, it showed up this way:

post-63910-0-61107000-1429010602_thumb.j

And the PO is like this (photo from another model, just a different rotor engraving)::

MVMNT2.jpg

On the PAM I managed to find the 2 screws that are real and keeps the fake plate on the real movement, but I have NOT been able to remove the rotor: the 3x central screws are fake and glued in place, and the common 7750 central screw is not present..

I have been anyway able to regulate it even with the rotor and the fake plate mounted (just rotating the fake plate a bit in order to reach the 7750 regulations):

post-63910-0-56370100-1429010955_thumb.j

On the Omega, I tried to unscrew the fake balance bridge screws... Just to discover they're actually fake! So I had to re-glue them.

Again the rotor didn't came off: inside the central hole there is a screw, but it was a bit stiff (and making the rotor to turn with it while I tried to unscrew) so I didn't insist as again I've been able to regulate it even with rotor and fake plate in place (it arrived running -9s/d and with 0.8ms BE):

post-63910-0-31748900-1429011180_thumb.j

Now, the question is: how (the heck!) is possible to remove those rotors, if I will have to work deeper on the movement in the future?

Alex

Edited by GenTLe