When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Remove links on Omega Ladymatic

barnsey1946

Hi all

I've bought an Omega Ladymatic from Andrew and Trustytime for my missus.  Its a lovely watch but I'm having problems removing some links.   I also bought a PO from Trustytime which has small screws on the links which can be removed with a tiny screwdriver to reveal the links - piece of cake to adjust.

The ladymatic has screws but they appear to be for show as the just turn in either direction and don't come out.   I've tried to push them out with a pin removing tool but they don't move (just bent the tool!)

Can anyone help?

I'm considering taking it to a jeweller (I'm in the UK) but I'm a but concerned how they may view a rep.   Clearly I'm not going to take it to a high street shop that sells gens but are independent places ok - any views?

Many thanks!

post-69813-0-67295100-1429353507_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I brought one of these a couple of years ago.  I sucessfully removed some links. 

From memory you need to use two screwdrivers at once.  Hold the screw head on one side while undoing the screw head on the opposite side of the link.  The screws are actually the ends of pins which screw together inside the link. You need something to hold the watch link so you have both hands free to hold the screw drivers.  If you just turn the screw on one side, the pin with spin freely.