When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New ROO mod package to bring your ROOs to the next level!

Legend

My fellow AP aficionados,

After some experimentation and trials, my partner and I are able to offer a mod package for your rep ROOs (especially the 42mm) to bring it to the next level.

As most of you would know, two of the major tells on most of the regular 42mm like volcano, black theme, rubberclad etc would include the larger hour hand pinion width (too fat) and the datewheel position (too far to the right). The mod package would address these two flaws and bring your ROO to the next level!

We would soon be able to offer a mod package for interested ROO owners. The mods would be done in Singapore. I will be getting moderator clearance before offering this mod package officially.

Please see pics of some sample works. The hands pinion is visibly smaller and much more accurate to gen and the datewheel is now in a more accurate position too, not touching the tachy ring like the stock ROOs.

Stay tuned for the official commencement of job acceptance!

57dc75b047e283b167adcca633732008.jpg

c7d938b92210725e96f86f8ef5914d84.jpg

a9881cf55b4169e1924873f6b5797f56.jpg

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Let me know my friend, I have a couple that will be coming your way. One will be a return trip. Will this require a gen dial? Not sure how you can move the DW over with the rep dial. At any rate, I'm all for this mod.

Let me know my friend, I have a couple that will be coming your way. One will be a return trip. Will this require a gen dial? Not sure how you can move the DW over with the rep dial. At any rate, I'm all for this mod.

My friend A. Very subtly, if you have a couple that is coming my way and one is a return trip, what will happen to the other? :lol:

I will have a discussion with my partner on when we can start offering this to guys. I will definitely start off with trusted friends and you are definitely high up on that list. ;)

Guys there's no big secret, or magic here. The datewheel is shifted visually to the left due to mods to the tachy ring. I'm simply packaging these two mods together for 42mm ROO owners.

Update: I've just obtained approval from Nanuq the head honcho of operations. This project is a go ahead. :)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

This is the closest that you can visually make an AP ROO 42mm to gen without spending a few thousand on the "whole hog" package, gen dial, tachy, case re drilled for an LWO movement, movement as well as the costs of putting it all together.