When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New ROO mod package to bring your ROOs to the next level!

Legend

If Legend is doing what I think he is doing in this modification package, then it is well worth the $200. The operations involved here are not something you really want to do yourself. Plus legend is a gentleman and all-round nice guy to work with.

I'm pleasantly pleasantly surprised to see you here JS!

Ok guys you want to talk about the epitome of ROO modification knowledge, this is your guy. He's like a mentor to me and I've learnt way too much from him!

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

I'm pleasantly pleasantly surprised to see you here JS!

Ok guys you want to talk about the epitome of ROO modification knowledge, this is your guy. He's like a mentor to me and I've learnt way too much from him!

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

True my friend, very nice to see slaughter here. I have really enjoyed his posts on the other forums.

Way to go Legend, as already mentioned, a more knowledgeable AP guy would be hard to find :-0

Regards

AJ

Hey bro how's Egypt? ;)

Slaughterer is a guy more knowledgeable than me by far when it comes to ROO mods. :notworthy: 

I always wonder why the rep factory didn´t do this, slimm the tachy a little... so, please, count me in for:

- Vulcano

- Safari

- Black Themes

- Silver Themes (Panda)

- Ruberclad

- Mountak Highway

:)

No worries, you can PM me and arrange to send the watches to me. If you do not mind waiting, I will get the mods done for you. 

The queue is building up even as we speak, but I am trying to manage as we go along. I prefer to deal with guys I already know, or members who have been around for a while, like you. ;)

This is the closest that you can visually make an AP ROO 42mm to gen without spending a few thousand on the "whole hog" package, gen dial, tachy, case re drilled for an LWO movement, movement as well as the costs of putting it all together.

Only a few thousand for this? Ha! I think I am not good at sourcing gen parts because I came across a gen dial for $1k, gen tachy for $800. 

Also, which version donor AP roo should I get? This mod is wanting me to get myself a ROO!!!

Only a few thousand for this? Ha! I think I am not good at sourcing gen parts because I came across a gen dial for $1k, gen tachy for $800.

Also, which version donor AP roo should I get? This mod is wanting me to get myself a ROO!!!

I believe that some of the real AP experts would have to chime in here. I have seen a few dial/tachy combos over on RWI selling for less than 1k, have to be careful, as some are "mismatches" and some are well used. There are quite a few threads that comprehensively document their builds. Some have sold on the various forums, as well. The guys who have been into AP's for a while and are active modders seem to have established sources for parts. They are all saying that parts are getting harder to source and hence more expensive.

AFA myself, I'm content to have these mods, a nice strap, better AR'ed crystal and cyclops and hands and dial relumed. Even with those, you are probably looking at having close to 1.5K in your modded watch.

I know this is getting off topic, and hopefully my friend Legend will let me share this with you. First off, before you spend a ton of money modding up to a "super franken" think long and hard about the project. These are not for the faint of of heart! If the watch is not one that you plan to keep for a long,long time, you need to be prepared to take a big loss should you need to sell. The pool of available buyers for rep watches that sell for several thousand dollars is infinitesimally small. Lots of these watches end up getting broken apart and the components sold, as they just can't sell the watch. I would definitely try a couple of ROO's for size before I jump off the deep end into a full blown franken project.

On most of my franken projects that I have sold, I feel lucky if I get 60% of my investment back. That's a big loss. Case in point, I just sold an AP V5 Diver, with serviced slow beat movement, relumed and running like a champ. I had over 800 USD in the watch alone, just sold today for 400.00 USD!! Half what I had in the watch. Just some advice from and old guy who's been around for a while. Do lots of research, budget your project and don't get in a big hurry. If you see a part that you need at a good price, buy it. If it's too expensive, or not quite what you want,pass. More will come along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the price point is 200? Please tell me you are CONUS... haha I picked up a silver themes and I would love this to be done.

No he is not in the CONUS. Obviously you haven't visited the General Discussion area to read Mike on a Bike's post thread.  Legend recently suffered a huge personal tragedy, and is not active now. If an when he comes back on the forum, I'm sure he will post and update to the project. In the meantime enjoy your Silver Themes like it is, it's a very nice example of the AP ROO's