When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

23/04/15 Wrist Check

HaydenM

Gran, I've had this one about five years maybe a little bit longer. Don't wear it as often as I should

5 years + seems about right...was looking at this a long time ago but the the ROO diver got all the attention

I use a Sony rx1r which has a full frame sensor (light and small for taking wristies but packs the punch of a full frame season.. Perfect!) I use macro mode and an f stop of 4-8 mostly.

It's really all about the sensor size, I was always under the impression that the number of megapixels mattered, I guess that was the clever marketing. They really don't matter, it's all about light and bigger sensor = more light

I use a Sony rx1r which has a full frame sensor (light and small for taking wristies but packs the punch of a full frame season.. Perfect!) I use macro mode and an f stop of 4-8 mostly.

It's really all about the sensor size, I was always under the impression that the number of megapixels mattered, I guess that was the clever marketing. They really don't matter, it's all about light and bigger sensor = more light

I'm sure the operator and the subject material also contribute to these great pics.  :)  The digital sensor is really similar to the format size of print film.  Those large format cameras, such as Hasselblad, took unfreaking believable pics because the film was so big. If it wasn't so inconvenient to use my DSLR I'd use that more, but the phone camera is right there, the pics are decent enough, and since the phone is connected to the ether at all times it is easy to just upload through Tapatalk or Photobucket.

@Droptopman - is this the Cellini you bought from Stan? I love it. :) How is the sweep of the second hand? Does it have a 21j like most of Stan's offerings do?

Yes from Stan. I never asked but I would assume 21j. Hand sweeps smooth, but rotor is a little noisy.

Compared to some high def pics on the Rolex site and it's pretty accurate. Crown is a touch off and the lug ends should be less pointy and more rounded off which I can do if I feel motivated. Not bad for <$200. Looks great with a suit and cuff links.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.