When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've had this 44mm 300 Diver Chrono almost 3 weeks.

Pearl

There are two versions.  

The one that uses the 7753 works as gen does--subdial at 3 works, date is corrected via pushbutton recessed on helium escape valve.  It is the OP's watch.  

The inaccuracies:  

• The end links are one solid piece.  
  • The caseback wave pattern
  • The pearl

The 7750 version is made by BP factory, it has 5 piece end links (with 4 polished metal inserts) as gen, and the caseback is beautifully replicated, the pearl is also very good.

Inaccuracies:

• 7750 movement, frozen sub-dial at 3

This is my case back, thought it looked pretty good. I don't know what the end links are. My pearl seems good, very well centered. I'm new at this and easy to please too.

7a8d8cb6c35ae45fc36544ac964aea05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my case back, thought it looked pretty good. I don't know what the end links are. My pearl seems good, very well centered. I'm new at this and easy to please too.

7a8d8cb6c35ae45fc36544ac964aea05.jpg

ceramic-back.jpg~original

The end-links are the part of the bracelet where it attaches to the case.  You can see from the back that the shiny parts on the front are actually separate pieces of metal.

Here you can see that the waves are supposed to look like waves in the sand.  They are not bad on your watch. On some reps they are shiny wavy lines like this disgrace from the BP factory:

post-52261-0-85711600-1375187556.jpg

IMG_5412_zpse09cd4bc.jpg

The pearl is different too.  Yours isn't bad either

It's nice that yours works as it should without the frozen subdial.

Edited by madmex

Well I really like the watch. I'm still amazed by it. Since I regulated it, it's time keeping is awesome.

My case back does have a "sandy" look to the wave.

Damn end links.

Happy with the pearl and happy with the rest.

86970fb578fafdd3857d171d1a8f54e6.jpg

I will look forward to seeing it. The picture you posted of the pearl, it looks like the bezel insert is poorly aligned with the bezel. It doesn't line up with the points of the scalloped edge.

• 6 months later...
On 7 April 2016 at 3:00 AM, madmex said:

I received a black one, and I had ordered a blue one so I returned it and got a different watch. That's why the pics never came.

Post up a pic of what you have now - unless you're still waiting for the new one to arrive. 

• 5 weeks later...

Well now it's been well over a year...I love the watch. Regulated it once, it's very accurate. I keep it on a winder the days I'm not wearing it. It's been just great!

ea3b98e7bc821d5706df02323843e953.jpg

Well now it's been well over a year...I love the watch. Regulated it once, it's very accurate. I keep it on a winder the days I'm not wearing it. It's been just great!

ea3b98e7bc821d5706df02323843e953.jpg

Avoid the winder... You just stress the watch for nothing.

If you are not going to use it within a couple of days then let it discharge and when you get it again, wind it for 5/10 turn, set time and date and put it on.

Avoid the winder... You just stress the watch for nothing.

If you are not going to use it within a couple of days then let it discharge and when you get it again, wind it for 5/10 turn, set time and date and put it on.

So there's that. I don't know. In my mind I'm doing the right thing. Not taxing the crown and stem so often. I've read so many threads of those components failing miserably. I, before I got the winder wore it every day, took it off at night, put it on in the morning every day. So it was always wound and ready, but in use everyday.

Then after hanging around here I got another watch, imagine that. So I switch back and forth throughout the week.

So what's the lessor evil? Setting, Re setting and winding, every couple days? Or letting it run? The winder rocks and shuts down throughout the day.

Lucky you if you just got another watch.

I am at around 65 now and my wallet feels miserable :D

If you switch them every other day ok. If you use them like 1 week every 4 then the winder just "use" it for you so better let it take a rest.