When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

questions about Sean cases

watchme22

I bought a Sean case last month and finally got my gen parts to put a franken submariner together. Today we tried to assemble all the parts but the gen movement didn't fit the case. I had built a franken last year with a Sean case and everything fit pefectly in place. The caseback that came with the case (that was supposed to be gen) didn't fit 2 of the gen subs we tried it on and it didn't fit the TC case I had at my place either.

Does anyone have a Sean case or recall any of the particulars? One the the pictures I have show the cutout for the movement in a different place. I paid a pretty penny for the set and would like some opinions if anyone cares to share....

Sounds Like it aint a Sean case my Sean cases have always been accepting gen parts but hard to say without pictures but Can be a production error if happens

He bought it from me, and I bought it from Ephry73. Maybe he can gime in!

As a side note, I am out of the rep buisniss. This is exactly why! You never now what you get, not even from members here. I costs me to much nerve breaking time. That again works on my health. And it is not worth it.

I enjoy watches, still do but I will stick to small, gen brands that are affordable.

Edited by dutchguy2

I took a couple of pictures of the case and caseback. Maybe some of the experts can chime in.

The supposed to be gen caseback has terrible font and the word "stainless" has the INL so close that is looks like the I is missing.

9B2E3F22-07F3-43DD-AC50-4506C83855D3_zps

C158F3BA-D694-498C-AAC6-8002B143F1AD_zps

Here's a picture of a gen caseback. Note how crisp and clean:

gen%20caseback_zpsrjj70uor.jpg

Here's a Sean Case I bought last year. I was able to find the picture from the original post.

The bigger cutout for the movement screw to go in is in a different position also. Sean case is at about 10:00 position while the case I received is at 9:00

Not that it makes a difference but it shows another difference in machining.

IMG_0017_zpsa293f826.jpg

I'm not home yet, but OP if you can PM or post here lug pictures. I can compare the ones I have of the case. The ST case backs all fit on the case I sold Dutch and should fit gen with no issues. The case also fit a 3035 gen with no issues and I fitted a y3135 without a problem. Just had to use different movement to case screws.

I can take more pictures.

The problem fitting the movement is that the dial doesn't sit flsh against the rehaut. The way the case is shaped from the inside doesn't allow the dial to go all the way against the bottom of the case. It leaves a small space and because the dial is not flush the screws that hold the movement down don't have enough roomto even fit in the movement.

Mate what movement have insert you on your case??

Send me pm i help you....

If movement is 3135 gen is possible insert without modify on sean case but you is sure your case is sean??

Is possible is necessary small brushed internal diameter for adjust internal messurement for insert movement on it....

Thanks to all

I think is not sean case mate....

Is other type of case....

This is my opinion....

Thanks

Guy's, I am not letting this guy down on this.

I am talking to him with PM to sort this out.

In the mean while please chime in if you have more info about this case. I am allready convinced about the case back not being gen and will compensate OP for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, if it is the same case it should definitely fit. I was told the case was an early Sean case and I went with that notion. I could not find anything to argue against it. I was ultimately going to use this case for an early 16610 transitional model as the rehaut seemed shallower than the 3135 cases (Both Late Sean and ST) and about the same as the ST3035 cases but the center line for the stem was closer to a 3135 case. Things changed and I had to sell it.

There is about .4mm or less of difference on the top side of the 3035 and 3135 movements. I wonder if this is the issue here. 

Well, I can guarantee it is the same case. There is a serial number on it.... :)

Well, if it is the same case it should definitely fit. I was told the case was an early Sean case and I went with that notion. I could not find anything to argue against it. I was ultimately going to use this case for an early 16610 transitional model as the rehaut seemed shallower than the 3135 cases (Both Late Sean and ST) and about the same as the ST3035 cases but the center line for the stem was closer to a 3135 case. Things changed and I had to sell it.

There is about .4mm or less of difference on the top side of the 3035 and 3135 movements. I wonder if this is the issue here. 

Well guys not what it was thought it was, all thought it was till watchme tried to get movement in and it hit the fan, correct. This being said I do not get involved in parts as out of my depth on many parts these included but I will say this at $750 a big ticket item and I think all should take a hit as everyone thought they had something else unfortunatly.