When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Important annoucemet regards my status regarding current work

SSTEEL

Small update, I'm with mom again, she is still the same, but now not acknowledging us being here at all now.

Her pain relief has run out, so told the nurse, she said it will be renewed shortly.

Mom does actually look a little mire comfortable in her face, but she is cold to the touch, plus her face muscles are tight too.

Trying to get her to drink but she is unresponsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a very hard time, but I'm so glad you're there with her.  It would be 1000 times worse if you were trying to get on a plane.

Hold her hand and talk to her.  She hears you.  Treasure this day.

• Like 1

Well, I'm now back at moms house after talking to her, telling her I live her, and that I want her to keep building her strength. It's so emotional for all of us right now, I'm leaving here tomorrow to return back home to Finland, and will be checking daily on how mom is doing.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support you have shown, given, and offered, this place is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickey, so glad that you were able to spend time with your mom and she was responsive enough that she acknowledged that you were there. You will look back and thank God in Heaven for allowing you to spend this time with your mother. I know this is a very difficult time, and hopefully you will draw some comfort from knowing that there are a lot of folks out here who are praying for your mom and your whole family.

• Like 1

I hope you made it home safely, Micky.  Now get a pen and paper and write down every detail of that day with your mom, and this incredible journey.  Some day she'll be gone and you'll live with the ache the rest of your life.  But reading what you're about to put on paper will bring a smile. 

My thoughts are with you both Mickey.

I went through this a few years ago and my mum kept on going until we all got there, me last, I turned up at the hospice and she suddenly became completely lucid and chatted to me.

I'm so glad you got there in time to tell her you love her.

And Andy, you're an example to us all in selflessness and compassion. Either that or you have one hell of a project coming up for Mickey :)

Glad you had the time with your mum Micky, and that you've made it home too. Keep us updated on the situation.

Thanks again everyone, I am indeed home now, but the emotional strain has taken a toll on me, I'm still not quite myself, so need some time to get myself together.

We understand, Micky. Take your time to process what's happened. It's been a lot.

Start a journal if you haven't already, and write down exactly how you feel and what you're thinking right now. Be as honest as you can; you're writing a letter to yourself in the future. Write the events that led up to your journey, all the good and the bad. Take the time to expose your soul on that paper, because you'll need to read it again some day. Be as honest as you can, leaving nothing out. Capture the essence of each day with the high and low points. Then at the end write down three things you're grateful for.

Tomorrow pick it up and do it again. And again the day after. Form the habit, and then keep writing in it until you've said everything there is to say. At some point many months from now you won't need to write in it anymore, you'll know when that time comes. Then you can put it away in a safe place. Some day you'll find that journal will be one of your most prized possessions. So start it tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers Micky, welcome home.

• Like 3

My mom passed away peacefully in the last hour. :(  I was on the phone with my sister, Kerry at the time of her passing.

This, although expected, has weighed heavily on my persona, so please fdorgive me if I don't post anything for a few days.

I wish to thank everyone who have shown support, strength, and prayers during my ordeal, and most importantly, Andy for getting me to my mom before she passed.