When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to make a Vector for S.N. engraving? Help ME :)

Guest BimmerLover

Guest BimmerLover

Hello dear Guys,

I would purchase a case set for a costum work, this could be engraved to my spec if i'm able to produce a PDF vector whit charachter, serial number, caseback inside engraving, i need to doing whit white background and black text!

I have found a couple of pic's whit lugs engraving (i dont really know if this image are right and can be used) but i really dont know where i could started!

157ljs3.jpg

11rc32r.jpg

t69yra.jpg

99ge9d.jpg

Anyone of us have any experience and could help me to how to doing this?

Thank you so much for any help :)

Guest BimmerLover

Thank you so much for the reply guys! :)

I downloaded Inkskape, and I made a few attempts but unfortunately rather inaccurate! I'll try again :)

I see the Phong work, and it's amazing, but i will try to make this correct because i have no extra charge for this engrave, i see your topic about the 6200 and yours it's truly amazing, mine it's more a budget build, hope in the future i could try to build something like yours!

Jensen (Phong's son) did some phenomenally accurate engraving on my 6263 case free of charge.  Well, the case sets certainly aren't cheap, but nevertheless he didn't charge me anything extra (on top of his asking price) for the engraving or case aging

• Like 1

Guest BimmerLover

• 26 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 10 Months and 15 Days

Yes, i not write on the forum very often, unfortunatelly due to my new works i not have too much time in this couple of years!

I hope in the future i can wrote always more!

Thank you for all your reply guys :)

I keep in mind Phong son for future purchase whit his great engraving service but i going that way if i build a superfranken, i have unfortunatelly due to low budget to keep this whit build more cheaper whit an eta movement, if i go superfranken worth it  :)

I have purchased a case and who sell it to me it's able to engrave for me free of charge if i give it correct vector :)

Edited by BimmerLover

G - Whoop nailed it, ya gotta draw 'em.  I import the image into Autocad, blow it up until the characters are a couple inches tall, trace, then scale it to the proper finished size.  It is then saved as a .dxf file and ran through a program that turns the .dxf file into G-code and yet another piece of software that takes the G-code and translates all "X" axis linear moves to "A" axis rotational moves.  Fun stuff...

G - Whoop nailed it, ya gotta draw 'em.  I import the image into Autocad, blow it up until the characters are a couple inches tall, trace, then scale it to the proper finished size.  It is then saved as a .dxf file and ran through a program that turns the .sxf file into G-code and yet another piece of software that takes the G-code and translates all "X" axis linear moves to "A" axis rotational moves.  Fun stuff...

Lol'd at 'fun stuff'. The things you do in this hobby... :bangin: