When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki-reka!

Nanuq

There's a problem with Yuki 7206 bands that drives me nuts.  The way the end links are made, you can't get the last link to extend from the endlink and lay nice and flat.  Here's a picture showing what I mean.  See how the indicated piece protrudes so far, making a lumpy connection from the band to the endlink?

post-32-0-39921000-1430949624_thumb.jpg

I was messing with the band just now and tried something.  Flip it over and see the indicated tab?  It's in the way preventing you from altering that last-link angle, as delivered.  So use a flat screwdriver and push that tab over a smidge so it's more perpendicular to the underside of the band.  As shown here:

post-32-0-33167700-1430949631_thumb.jpg

Now you have room to work, and you can twist and push that piece down flatter so the last-link connection looks much more like the genuine band.  Et voila' ... smooth non-lumpy flow from endlink to last link to the band.

post-32-0-91756200-1430949638_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Interesting, both the Yuki rivets I have/had would not fit between the lugs on either the 6538 or 5513 cases.  My buddy still has my remaining Yuki and will be doing some mods similar to what you have done here to get it to lay flat and to fit between the lugs.  He has been busy but I am interested to see how it turns out.  As we discussed before trying to get something to connect the band to the end link that lays flat but adds just a touch of clearance and looks like the gen set up.  

My gen just entered the US this morning coming back from MY restoration  :clap2: .       

• Like 1

@Ogladio, be careful with the screwdriver when pushing that tab over.  I slipped a couple times and really stabbed myself. 

Put your thumb under the endlink when it's attached to the watch and with your other hand twist the band hard as you push straight down at that protruding piece.  This will warp the band relative to the endlink, so press again hard, and twist the band the other way.  You'll feel it bending and twisting and giving a little as you push down. 

It will feel like it went into place, but mostly all you did was open the endlink "clamshell" way too wide.  In reality you only moved the protruding piece a little.  So keep going, be brutal with it.  No mercy.  BEND that sumbitch.

When you think you got some movement, take the band off and squeeze the "clamshell" of the endlink back down and reinstall the band.  See how it looks.  It took me 3 or 4 tries to get it where I like it.

@droptopman, I have 3 spare Yuki 7206s here, 3 mounted on watches, and I've sold off half a dozen.  All of them fit my 20mm lugs just fine.  The only one I had trouble with by the too-tall rivets was the MQ band.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Ogladio, be careful with the screwdriver when pushing that tab over.  I slipped a couple times and really stabbed myself. 

Put your thumb under the endlink when it's attached to the watch and with your other hand twist the band hard as you push straight down at that protruding piece.  This will warp the band relative to the endlink, so press again hard, and twist the band the other way.  You'll feel it bending and twisting and giving a little as you push down. 

It will feel like it went into place, but mostly all you did was open the endlink "clamshell" way too wide.  In reality you only moved the protruding piece a little.  So keep going, be brutal with it.  No mercy.  BEND that sumbitch.

When you think you got some movement, take the band off and squeeze the "clamshell" of the endlink back down and reinstall the band.  See how it looks.  It took me 3 or 4 tries to get it where I like it.

@droptopman, I have 3 spare Yuki 7206s here, 3 mounted on watches, and I've sold off half a dozen.  All of them fit my 20mm lugs just fine.  The only one I had trouble with by the too-tall rivets was the MQ band.

Can I buy one?

I'll take some photos and put up an ad to sell the unneeded Yukis one of these days.  I have a project in the works and when it's done I'll pick the band that fits that case best.  The rest will be extras.

I don't think so.  That little tab sticking through is superfluous... the main piece holding onto the band is the tube here outlined in green, through which the last rivet passes.

post-32-0-42821000-1432313577_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...