When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC sub VS Noob ceramic nodate sub

lillo

Guys

I an not a grat expert of Rlx. I have compared the photos of the two watches (TC and Noob last version) with each other and with the originals.

The Noob for me it looks pretty good as  the TC that people claims "the best sub" out of the box 

I do not see major flaws in Noob that in the TC , because I think to prefer and buy the Noob no date ceramic.

How do you think about my valutation ? Correct on no ?

^^ what he said.

You can't compare the two watches because they are of different models altogether.

There are no "major flaws" in the TC Sub. Minor one's, sure, but it's by far the best 16610 rep on the market. Same with the noob 116610, although IMO there are more flaws in it than the TC. BK does a great job in upgrading the 116610 if that model is your preference.

TC is unquestionably very good and I would have a 16610 over the newer 116610 any day! The new line of Rolex have completely lost all that made them special in my opinion.

TC is unquestionably very good and I would have a 16610 over the newer 116610 any day! The new line of Rolex have completely lost all that made them special in my opinion.

Just to add I can't vouch for faults on noob 116610 as I have never seen one in the flesh nor would want to own one.

^^ what he said.

You can't compare the two watches because they are of different models altogether.

There are no "major flaws" in the TC Sub. Minor one's, sure, but it's by far the best 16610 rep on the market. Same with the noob 116610, although IMO there are more flaws in it than the TC. BK does a great job in upgrading the 116610 if that model is your preference.

Thanks.

I prefer the ceramic sub, but if the TC 16610  is best as fidelity to gen I think that is more raasonable to buy it.

But I have seen  new upgrader BK ceramic rolex, watches very nice, thanks guy, a good   advice   :)  :)  :)  :)

The TC is great except the bracelet and clasp are very sharp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So is Gen to a certain degree. A little more of a satin finish but nothing spectacular.

My friends TC changes date at noon... haha, other than that, it's a great watch.

It has only 12 hour dial, so what's the problem, turn the time 12 hours forward and all is settled!

With more serious tone, TC covers this kind of problem on his blog:

A member whom just received his TC Sub V6 emailed me asking why ETA / TC 2824 based TC Sub changes date at noon instead of mid night.

I thought it was a joke and felt funny in the beginning. Then I realized it was not a joke at all, I decided to write a proper operation manual for all ETA / TC 2824 based watches. Same operation guidline apply to Sellita SW200 as it shared the same design with ETA / TC 2824 movement and thus inherits the same design flaws.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, quick set date when the watch is in between 19:30 and 02:00. Why? This affects ETA part #2556. Its purpose is to fast jump and advance the date wheel to the next tooth. It advances the date to the next one during mid night.

How does it work? By the time flows, ETA part #2556's blade shape spring gradually engages the date wheel's tooth. When time is reaching mid night, it releases all the power the blade shape spring reserved and drives the date wheel a tooth ahead.

Knowing the date wheel is made of a thin stainless steel sheet and ETA part #2556's blade shape spring is made of bronze, the dates wheel's teeth wear out #2556's blade shape spring every time they run over.

So if you quick set the date when in between 19:30 and 02:00, you will eventually damage ETA part #2556. Then this part will lose its capability to advance date. When this happens, there is no other fix but to replace ETA part #2556 by dissecting the watch movement, then build the watch all over again. No one wants that to happen.

However, NEVER set time backwards across mid night. Why? Same reason #2556's blade shape spring will travel backwards and touches the date wheel's teeth and then be run over by the date wheel's teeth, causing damage to the bronze blade shape spring.

So, how exactly is a good way to set time and date?

I would:

1. pick up the watch and turn the crown open, give the crown an additional half turn to let the spring inside the crown to clutch in. Then wind the movement in a few gentle and steady turns to kick start it.

2. pull the crown all the way to the 4th position, and advance the hands set to jump over mid night until the hands set indicates 2:00.

3. push back the crown a clutch back to position 3. Quick set the date to the date a day before current date.

4. pull the crown all the way to the 4th position again. Then advance the hands set to jump over mid night and set time to the current time. This way I get my watch in the correct date and in correct time.

If the current time is in the afternoon, I will make sure the hands set passes 12:00. So my watch does not change date at noon :-)

That's all. The logic is really simple and straight forward. If you follow the proper steps operating your ETA or TC 2824 based watch, expect your watch to function smoothly between each service . You would only need to send your ETA or TC 2824 based watch to service every 3 to 5 years.