When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

50th anniversary LV modded by former member redbigjoe

knothead

I always get a laugh, because the guys who have the genuine pieces can never tell the difference between this and theirs. And after moving to Los Angeles, and the cost of living, I'm wondering how long I'll be keeping this. Bought it, and had it modded 10yrs ago. 2836-2 movement.

post-1690-0-93475400-1431968419_thumb.jp

post-1690-0-54618200-1431968442_thumb.jp

This watch is for sale. it certainly wouldn't be, but moving from the East Coast to the west coast is much more expensive than I thought. And where is the classified section? I've been a member here for 10 years, and haven't been on the board in a while, but, it was always once here, and did not require a payment to access.

You have to be a VIP or Platinum member to sell here. Maybe you could be come a VIP member for a month to sell the watch. The one thing about that watch is it has a swiss 2836-2 as opposed to an Asian 2836-2, which is a good thing.. But being an older watch, it might not bring that much- there are better models of the 16610LV out there these days.

What they said!! biggest problem with these older models, are they gen like construction? IF you can't put a gen bezel, dial crystal on them, they aren't worth much. The ETA movement is a nice plus though.

But to sell, you need to upgrade to VIP, take a tagged photo and put it up for sale.

What did the infamous RBJ do in the way of modding the watch, you never said ?

• Like 1

Kbh, I was in Iraq twice (OIF), so I do apologize for not adding to the site. I hope you are able to understand that while you were asleep, I was killing terrorists who wanted to come here for you and everyone else... And, I'm not paying for VIP membership for any reason whatsoever! There was never I pay section when I first signed up here, & I won't be paying any time soon. as for the others, this watch was done with care, and it shows. Literally, no rolling counter can tell the difference unless they look at the watch with the back off. Mods: crown guards done, crown upgraded, dial replaced, bezel polished to match genuine, etc., And yes, genuine Rolex pieces fit this watch. And yes, my now ex Wife was a Rolex rep. I have seen many reps that she'd use to compare in stores, and this one blows them away. The only thing needed is a new bezel, as this shows a few small scratches from wear. If any of you want it, I guess pm me. I've not been on the board in years, and apologize, but won't apologize for being over seas for years, and basically forgetting who I was.

Panerai153,this piece accepts both genuine crystal, bezel, and dial. I don't want to sell it, but after paying movers to take my stuff from the east coast to CA, I'm running low on $, and that's life I guess. (note, never move a large gun safe from the east coast to the west coast! I could have bought a new one here for almost as much..)

I hope you are able to understand that while you were asleep, I was killing terrorists who wanted to come here for you and everyone else...

SURE! That war was based on a lie and totally unwarranted.

Yes! That war has created more terrorist than you ever killed.

tumblr_m5p3fh3d9b1rn95k2o1_500.gif

• Like 2

Lets not debate politics knothead and gran not allowed on The forum

Knothead thanks for your service but why say you killed terrorists where did that came from?

I been In The army The airforce i even flew f-16 Many years i been to 4 wars Old Kosovo Iraq Afghanistan Libya protected eastern countries airspace from russia i did my time my service and dont expect a thank you or respect for it it was a Call to protect what is right i seen some really bad stuff im not gonna Lie i seen mass killings that Would keep you Awake for 20 years i spent Many nights just thinking about The things i done

But there is nothing noble In killing a man knot so please stop using that phrase your sentence somehow made it Like it is a noble Thing that you fought In The war i salute you for hearing The Call and did what you thought was right truly i do

But jeez man i seen war others here have too

A wise man once Said

Respect your fallen enemy because he Also fought for what he believed In

Gran i respect your opinion about The iraqi war i was there i agree with you In some points that it was a bad Call but Saddam needed to be removed nothing good Can ever come from a dictator

Lets stop this thread and move on guys

• Like 1

Yes, the lume on the 9 o clock is missing. As for politics, sorry guys, but i did what I was told, and yes, that means less than can be here on US soil doing bad [censored]. Thanks for your service elio. May have ran across you, never know. Last, I used the word terrorist. We had other terms we'd use, but that was then...

This is turning into fail, and back-door selling. OP - if you won't sponsor the forum and play by the rules to properly sell your watch because you seem above it... then to that, I say "take a hike." Frankly, pulling the soldier card so wantonly is kind of a jerk move as well.

Can we get a mod in here to shut this down?

but Saddam needed to be removed nothing good Can ever come from a dictator

I agree with you on that and (I do see the need for a strong NATO)

Firstly I doubt any rep 10 years ago could accept gen crystal as that required it to have gen like construction which I dont believe appeared in 2005.

Also, whoever wants to deal with a member with 2 posts, albeit 9 years as a member here, its your risk and your call.

Mods should definitely shut this down.

Yes, the lume on the 9 o clock is missing. As for politics, sorry guys, but i did what I was told, and yes, that means less than can be here on US soil doing bad [censored]. Thanks for your service elio. May have ran across you, never know. Last, I used the word terrorist. We had other terms we'd use, but that was then...

Well, since the mods don't seem to care........

The only reason they're over here fkkin with us is because we're so busy over there sticking our nose in their sorry a**ed countries business. The world was a much better place with a few strong men dictators keeping the population under control. Look at how that area has deteriorated since we took out Khadafi and Hussein. Then we promote the over throw Assad and turn that place upside down. They aren't ready and don't want US style democracy.

I did two tours in Viet Nam in the 70's so I think i'm entitled to make these statements. We were so busy saving the world from communism and the falling dominoes in SE Asia. That worked out about as well as this latest fiasco. And funny how none of the other "dominoes" fell after Saigon.....

By the way, what do you think that watch is worth?

Well, since the mods don't seem to care........

The only reason they're over here fkkin with us is because we're so busy over there sticking our nose in their sorry a**ed countries business. The world was a much better place with a few strong men dictators keeping the population under control. Look at how that area has deteriorated since we took out Khadafi and Hussein. Then we promote the over throw Assad and turn that place upside down. They aren't ready and don't want US style democracy.

I did two tours in Viet Nam in the 70's so I think i'm entitled to make these statements. We were so busy saving the world from communism and the falling dominoes in SE Asia. That worked out about as well as this latest fiasco. And funny how none of the other "dominoes" fell after Saigon.....

By the way, what do you think that watch is worth?

Now that's a good rebuttal. Thanku you both for your service and happy Memorial Day.

• Like 1

Okay gentlemen, let's all take a step back. Nothing good will come from this.

Knot, please see the sales rules... in many ways it's a different world than 10y ago.