When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Man Matt Reviews (MMM)

droptopman

Good morning fellow watch enthusiasts,

Had a discussion with Matt yesterday and he is having some issues on one of the other forums.  I started a review thread for him in the member review area here

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/178303-my-man-matt-reviews-mmm/

The hope was that we can maybe direct the admins over there to the thread here.  If you have had any experiences with Matt please post in the other thread linked above.  

Thank you

I believe that they are cracking down, because thye want everyone who sells or repairs to be a "supporting Vendor" At a "Small cost". I hate to see what they are doing happen, but their loss is definitely our gain!!

I have known Matt for several years, and everything he has ever done for me has been better than expected. He and I have a lot in common, because we are about the same age, but that aside, he is very competent and a great guy to work with. In fact i have a watch all boxed up and in my truck, ready to drop at the PO, going to Matt.He has worked on genuine Rolex watches of mine, and that's something that i certainly wouldn't trust to just anyone. 

• Like 4

MMM is a great guy. I don't like how Repgeek owner is making him look like a villain. He adds a lot to the community. We are beginning to loss sight of why we are all here....its for a hobby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I have dealt with him numerous times and he has helped me via email as well. A true asset to the community. 

Let me start off by saying I have known Matt since I was a kid. He was there for me when i got my first rep DJ and he turned it into a master piece when I was 13. It blew my mind at such a young age and I've been in the rep scene ever since. I am so happy I got to introduce him to the forums and he has been able to extend his expertise to all of you guys. Matt is truly a remarkable person. Truly a honor to know the guy.

• Like 4

Really - giving Matt a hard time...he's the KING of DJ's. I'm happy with our builds and my "mostly" gen TT was my grail...

I guess all us modders days are numbered???

B

Seriously? What a shame for such a great modder and asset to our hobby. Actually, that goes to you to Bob. I hope we can support him enough over here.

I've been a member on the various fora since 08 and dealt with all levels of dealers, modders and members. Whilst Matt's love of replying to emails in separate new threads drives me nuts (lol) he is by far the most stand up vendor I've worked with. I include Bert (who fixed an issue with a franken piece he created for a former customer whom I bought from for FREE) and PBDad within that group of high esteem. The three of them are super solid and an absolute invaluable asset to our little community. The way I see it, there are three levels of rep collectors - the noobs who bounce in and out of the forum only after the "best sub" and end up leaving with a stock $300 rep never to be seen again, the lingerers who are satisfied with their stock rep collection, and then the "lean forward" more engaged crowd who explore builds and the various nuances of the rep world blurred into the gen world. I'd like to think I'm slowly moving into that third stage and am grateful for the friends I've made within these forums and their advice and support. J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Matt seems like a real solid guy , sadly he doesn't want to sell to me because I'm new to the forums :( I'll still wait for the day , besides that he was extremely helpful in the few emails we relayed ... As far as the pics I've seen of his projects I'm still in shock that his pieces are reps kinda scary how much he puts into his craft , got my vouch

• Like 1

Agreed with all the above comments. This means folks like jmb and StoneP are also in jeopardy, it just doesn't make sense. These guys stick to the rules of the selling forums and now they're (RWI) changing the rules? :nono:

I'm not sure that they are changing the rules, or just becoming more draconian in their enforcement. In one respect I can see where they are coming from, preventing "fly by night" con artists coming on the forum offering services or back door deals and then disappearing with a pile of members cash and/ or watches. Now we all know that Matt, jmb and StoneP are good guys and they all are well known here. In one respect, being more forceful would have prevented the MD2020 debacle over here, as he was never a "trusted vendor" with his own page. I believe that what they are trying to do is force everyone to be a supporting vendor,pay a fee and be in a section where they can watch you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's a good point. It potentially reduces the risk. It won't necessarily prevent it completely, but definitely reduces it. Rex over on RG proves that even a supporting and trusted vendor can commit theft, so if someone is really intent on absconding with members' watches and money, they will find a way.

Edited by Mendota Explorer