When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Franken Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Bumble Bee

Guest Daytona1984

Guest Daytona1984
Here are some pics of my Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Bumble Bee with the following features:

gen dial
gen tachymeter bezel
gen hands
gen Hamilton movement (swiss ETA 2892-2 + gen Dubois-Depraz module)
custom date wheel as per gen
gen crystal/gaskets
modded midcase 
recessed crown position
custom movement holder ring including silver electroplating
lots of other modifications such as recutting the threads etc.
on rep rubber and custom SMP alcantara strap

This watch was built by my friend and great watchmaker Domi !! Thanks a lot !! You are the best watchmaker on the planet !!

Also a big thanks to Mrgee5165 for disassembling his gen AP Bumble Bee to provide me with lots of info !! Thanks also to Edge for his CF input !!

I hope you enjoy the pics and I welcome all comments :)

P1030411_zpsfumnx295.jpg
P1030413_zpsq8zmlawn.jpg
P1030415_zpsbajrpgvl.jpg
P1030416_zpszgeom75i.jpg
P1030421_zpszqtd3rkj.jpg
P1030423_zpslwgahiel.jpg
P1030425_zpstswsjgaf.jpg
P1030428_zpsaqn7t28g.jpg
P1030431_zpswun3it6w.jpg
P1030432_zpssle5rdte.jpg
P1030433_zpsfbuuyx3s.jpg
P1030434_zpslsmladdn.jpg
P1030436_zpszdt4lvsk.jpg
P1030438_zpst3a4kthm.jpg
P1030440_zpsfzriqf5x.jpg
P1030444_zpsvdzer6r2.jpg
P1030445_zpsepfhudxa.jpg
P1030446_zps0hkzidy6.jpg
P1030447_zpspk4lphad.jpg
P1030455_zpshfedmbwx.jpg
P1030460_zpsv90sypq9.jpg
P1030462_zpsxxtkgg2o.jpg
P1030468_zpsb9xyhf0t.jpg
P1030469_zpsmraxv4ts.jpg

Are jealous and hateful comments allowed brother? :lol:

Just jesting. Beautiful watch and well deserving owner. Proud of you my friend, wear her well! :)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

I wish you would quit posting all these gen watches in this rep forum!! ;) Like Legend all wishful, lustful, hateful comments and evil thoughts aside, these are WOW!! nice. :1a:

Could you please send me the exact GPS coordinates to your house, the combination to your safe and what sort of treats your guard dogs like, OH!  and  when are you going on vacation? Please leave the watches, they are safe. Take your Timex, there are thieves and pickpockets about. :whistling:

hey dude, is there way i could do the same itinerary as you did? advice me where to buy (supplier) and who i do check with to do the mods, eventually where to source the gen parts.

cheers ..... by the way, why buy an over 35000$ watch when you can such a beauty for a fraction of the price?

hey dude, is there way i could do the same itinerary as you did? advice me where to buy (supplier) and who i do check with to do the mods, eventually where to source the gen parts.

cheers ..... by the way, why buy an over 35000$ watch when you can such a beauty for a fraction of the price?

Domi does the mods, he has 12 weeks waiting time... Parts I have no idea.

Guest Daytona1984

hey mate,

there is no chance to order new parts due to changes in AP policy. There are only some "left overs" which can be found on ebay etc...

but these would most likely be the more common dial versions, not a bumble bee set. the only person i know who has another set of gen bb parts is Z.

my friend domi did this project as a favor to me. he said he would never do a project like this again, since to much work was involved. so this is and will most likely be the only bb franken unless someone else will face the challenge.

and yes, waiting is about 12 weeks. was waiting for the project since end of last year to be done.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

but these would most likely be the more common dial versions, not a bumble bee set. the only person i know who has another set of gen bb parts is Z.

my friend domi did this project as a favor to me. he said he would never do a project like this again, since to much work was involved. so this is and will most likely be the only bb franken unless someone else will face the challenge.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Exactly, no Bee parts out there. Only our man Z has a set....

Interesting about not being done again - a truly unique/one of a kind build you have then!!

I hope you wear it & get some use out of this one, D. All the best buddy!