When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Didnt fancy the Abarth BRM Chronograph so got an Abartt 500 Cabrio instead

Slightly more expensive but recently took delivery of my latest toy. "Dorrie" is currently undergoing some changes but track days will be on the menu for mid summer season. 

For those that are interested in such things currently she has had the following mods

Koni FSD shock all around

Eibach springs to drop 50mm on rear and 35 on the front

Tarox F2000 front and rear

GTT Induction system

and soon to be receiving a boost to 180HP (220 BHP will be next year with larger front intercooler, 1446 Turbo, jets and ancillaries )

Runs well and the tiny terror is already surprising a few mercs and BMWs

b520b696-c11c-44a9-a0ed-0f74692c4227.jpg

• Like 1

It will mean a fair amount of work and cash invested but its worth it for the look on some of the drivers that get burned by the mad little scamp  ;)

Much as I like the comfort of an autobahn barges  the hot hatch segment has always appealed to me more. As Karl Abarth described then "Small but wicked" cars

Very nice!

Saw one of these chasing a Mini Cooper round the ring on Youtube, impressive.

I love the hardcore Biposto but £52000 for a 500 is too much.

Agree with that, however, the base 500 Abarth is a good bit of fun as is, start chucking money at it and you can get some great gains up to around 200BHP and with better brakes and suspension you can get a great little pocket rocket. If you want to see how far you can go then this is still a 500 albeit a mental supercar bothering terrier.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-eurocars/pogea-racing-announces-330hp-abarth-500/31945

Enjoy mate it's a beast. I'd got the eibachs pro kit too but opted for the bilstiens as the konis I had on rattled on the top rear suspension bolt and drove me nuts - apparently the koni shocker eyelet is a ball hair too big in diameter. It's great when you take the [censored] out of big cars - love it too

I got the wife a VW Touareg so I can have fun with this little fella and fun it is. Reminds me muchly of the good old days when the Mk1 Golf GTI and my Pug 205 1.9 GTI would wither the manpieces of fat cat Mercs, Jags and Rovers around both street and country lanes. Both smoking fun, smoking fast and my mother wouldn't have gotten into either of them :D

"My 500 Twinair Turbo puts out about 110 hp and I find it quite dangerous being so small and so nimble, gotta keep it in control otherwise it'll get away from you, I can only imagine double the hp, Christ "

I know the feeling I've spun mine a few times cutting into corners too close because you can, then the back end spins round like a drift car not too funny at the time.

Edited by rusky158

are these RWD ?

Only Italian cars with RWD are Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani, Maserati.

Then, with great value for money, and if you want a nearly track car, there is the Alfa 4C:

Thumbnail.jpg?p=140324_10:17

Ah well, you may also find some Fiat 126

Plus I heard that the new Alfa Giulia can be rwd too:

AlfaGiuliaAutoBildMotorForecast090812.jp

Hopefully now there's a new man at the top of Alfa, we might get to see some new models, the 4C's a nice car but the boot is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike, by the time my other half had put her bag, shoes and kitchen sink in, they're wouldn't be room enough for even my toothbrush.

Hopefully now there's a new man at the top of Alfa, we might get to see some new models, the 4C's a nice car but the boot is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike, by the time my other half had put her bag, shoes and kitchen sink in, they're wouldn't be room enough for even my toothbrush.

Well you should compare it with similar cars. For example lotus elise or exige. You can't go in vacation with it either ;)

True, but compared against a Cayman, which is what it's up against and what the motoring press group in the same category, the Cayman wins hands down. It's a shame as this car was designed from the ground up, so they could have made a bit more of a provision for some luggage. Don't get me wrong, I do like Italian cars, I just think that this was a missed opportunity.

It's all about power to weight ratio I have a mini with 240 horse it sounds pathetic but when you pair that to 2800lbs it hustles

Now if that was in a classic Mini it would REALLY hustle!