When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWI prankster: Guy buys rep then posts it on WUS...

gran

Rep-hating, Gen-loving purists aside, that guy sure is an idiot for not only posting a pic of a rep watch on a strictly Gen forum, but also for mentioning the forum that he bought it from.  Seriously, how could such a moron even think that was a good idea?! Especially when there are enough well informed guys and gals over on RWI already that could have answered his questions without bringing embarrassment onto himself.

Amateurs...

• Like 1

'Real WIS are against fakes, you are not, so you should go elsewhere for your pleasures'...................I feel hurt  :huh: here I was thinking I was a WIS..............turns out I'm just a fake Rollie whore  :partytime: 

'Real WIS are against fakes, you are not, so you should go elsewhere for your pleasures'...................I feel hurt  :huh: here I was thinking I was a WIS..............turns out I'm just a fake Rollie [censored]  :partytime: 

:bangin:

Saw this over there. Too funny. Sometimes you just have to wonder...what the **** people are thinking.

I guess I could sell a couple parts off my 6538 so I can buy an Omega to be a WIS.

You run into this on the Corvette forums too. The purist/elitist. I remember having a discussion with a guy about a 66 Roadster I built and he was kind of dissing me for using a few aftermarket parts...but my car is faster than yours, handles better than yours, is easier to service and actually runs....

Sent from my droptop using telepathy

• Like 1

omegafan3 "Yes I realize this now I think I might put it back up on RWI for sale so I can buy a vintage omega instead!"

I have to admit the prank had somewhat of a Happy ending!!!

Saw this over there. Too funny. Sometimes you just have to wonder...what the **** people are thinking.

I guess I could sell a couple parts off my 6538 so I can buy an Omega to be a WIS.

You run into this on the Corvette forums too. The purist/elitist. I remember having a discussion with a guy about a 66 Roadster I built and he was kind of dissing me for using a few aftermarket parts...but my car is faster than yours, handles better than yours, is easier to service and actually runs....

Sent from my droptop using telepathy

Great example. I use the subject of vintage auto restoration all the time. I don't see any problem whatsoever with using non-OEM aftermarket parts on a vintage car if you are just going to be enjoying it. If you are specifically going to be showing it or if it's to restore and flip, then I can understand the need to be anal with parts, but for personal enjoyment who the frack cares? That purist guy sounds like a real a-hole. STFU ands mindz your own bidness.

omegafan3 "Yes I realize this now I think I might put it back up on RWI for sale so I can buy a vintage omega instead!"

I have to admit the prank had somewhat of a Happy ending!!!

If he does...... I think it'll be gone before his sale will be public :whistle:

** This message may, or may not, be sent using Tapatalk **

If he does...... I think it'll be gone before his sale will be public :whistle:

** This message may, or may not, be sent using Tapatalk **

:)  how true

That might be quite a bit challenging to find the $250 nice and running vintage Omega, there are lots of crap-offerings.

If he saves up to $900 it might be possible to get something acceptable or he could go for a vintage 1970s $250 TIMEX :partytime:

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-TIMEX-Mechanical-Automatic-Self-Winding-Watch-Leather-Band-VINTAGE-USED-/121654437417?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c532b6629

Rep-hating, Gen-loving purists aside, that guy sure is an idiot for not only posting a pic of a rep watch on a strictly Gen forum, but also for mentioning the forum that he bought it from.  Seriously, how could such a moron even think that was a good idea?! Especially when there are enough well informed guys and gals over on RWI already that could have answered his questions without bringing embarrassment onto himself.

Amateurs...

Excellent point  :notworthy:

J

'Real WIS are against fakes, you are not, so you should go elsewhere for your pleasures'...................I feel hurt  :huh: here I was thinking I was a WIS..............turns out I'm just a fake Rollie [censored]  :partytime: 

REal WIS are NOT against fakes....unless it is a fake WATCH. If it is a watch, with a movement and hands and such, then it is a watch and thus cannot be hated by a true WIS. The effort, energy, work and talent that goes into a genuine watch also goes into a replica (fake) watch. Chinese copies are very good these days and I have Chinese movements that rival COSC standards. Any WIS who states that they hate reps (fakes) completely misunderstand the true concept of a WIS.  It is Watch Idiot Savant...not Gen Watch etc. Those who hate reps are usually effete snobs or those who are [censored] that others paid so much less for watches that look and often run as well.

• Like 1