When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-v pvd run - interest?

ogladio

All,

I have one of the new H-Factory case sets and I'm trying to figure out whether it will be a good case for an OP6502 009A.  Does anyone know if it is, without mods, with mods?  If with mods, what kind do I have to do.  I want to do a bad ass 009A with Rolli's dial and this PVD run.  I've done a ton of research on this subject and just can't find the answer.  Thanks.

for usa member,

talk ro grimlocktime for modifications

regards

rolli

All,

I have one of the new H-Factory case sets and I'm trying to figure out whether it will be a good case for an OP6502 009A.  Does anyone know if it is, without mods, with mods?  If with mods, what kind do I have to do.  I want to do a bad ass 009A with Rolli's dial and this PVD run.  I've done a ton of research on this subject and just can't find the answer.  Thanks.

As you're using newer h-fac case (assume 005n instead 005k - or similar) youll need to replace the hex tube with a custom one and you may have to countersink crown area depending on the crown you'll be using. Assume lugs/midcase could also get some work, but am far from an expert on these cases (grimlocktime or rollis watchmaker have better eye for this).

IIRC, someone did a side by side comparison of a gen OP6502 case and Hfact 005 on Wristcheck.  Too bad WC shut down, but perhaps the person who posted it is a member here as well.  Bottom line, it proved conclusively that the Hfact 005 was pretty close to the OP6502.

Lug comparison:  111J on top and Hfact 005 at bottom.

A42450FB-B264-41AA-B1E4-B4B89FFCE50F-305

Edited by mir36

• 2 weeks later...
think this will go ahead ? I am interested but in Africa until Sept 10th , so ill not be able to send a case until then. 

cheers and if its after when I get home ill be in on this for sure !

Hi there altesporsche and others,

My feeling is that this will definitely go ahead. Rolli has had some good contacts with key people at the factory and has sent me a large pile of material (above that also given me a lot info over phone). I'm afraid however that I'm the obstacle for progress at the moment. Between supporting my first time 8 month pregnant wife, preparing apartment move and heavy period at work this task has been stuck on my side for a couple of weeks now...

If interested, please shoot me a PM and I'll put you on interest list for this run. Don't take it as final, but after having looked this through my feeling would be a cost around 200-300 euros per case, which is fairly good compared to rivalling (imo not as good) pvd services.

Hey guys, as a father of several ;).... (More than a few)....

i know what my buddy Ogladio is going through...

i volunteer to head up the coordination of the PVD run to get this moving.  I will get with Rolli and Ogladio to get all of the necessary information and list of those members who are interested  

but in the mean time, feel free to PM me!

• Like 1