When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 Build: Parts now complete

Sub007

By the end of 2014 I had sold all of my reps as I wanted to venture into Vintage Rolex. And that all started with a 5513 dial I purchased late January. Not sure, but I guess with all great builds, it either starts with dial or case. And this dial I immediately fell in love with  :wub: . The 5513 spider from around 1984 which I bought right on the spot, no doubt. And then the search continued for all the right parts.

Right after the dial I bought the 5513 service insert, which I overpaid for just a bit. But then again it was 100 % new. I sourced a really high quality SS bezel assembly from member over at RG. Then after looking day & night on fleebay I found this NOS Gen Swiss ETA lowbeat 2846. Getting the GEN Tudor hands was the hardest part. They never come up for sale 2nd hand so I was lucky to get them BNIB. The Athaya 702 tube and crown was easiest part, just send email to Athaya, sending pp funds and after 2 weeks in the mail for like $35, and they look really great. The case I decided to source a 5513 watch with Sead. Strip the parts and have the case modded to GEN spec. I found a member here who was willing to help me out. I sent over the parts but he could not find the time to do it. So after 4 months waiting I was back at square one. And then I was referred to great modder here by a good friend of mine. Case will be sent to him this week and then I hope by end of June I´ll be able to have all parts assembled. 

Here are the pics and will be back hopefully by end of June for pics of the modded case. 

So here´s the Parts List:

5513 cartel case 

Helenarou 5513 Caseback (flatter than cartel)

GEN 5513 Spider Dial 

GEN Tudor Mercedes Hands for ETA (in 2nd picture)

GEN 5513 Service Insert

GEN Swiss ETA 2846 lowbeat 

Athaya 702 crown & tube

T-19 service dome (aftermarket)

SS bezel assembly (aftermarket)

Cartel 93150 Bracelet (will probably get a Yuki to replace this one)

WSO Gen spec 580 Ends 

Gen spec Springbars

5513%20Parts.jpg

Well, ain´t that a great Spider

5513%202nd%20Spider%20001.JPG

Aftermarket SS bezel, will need polishing but it´s really great quality

5513%20Bezel.jpg

Not sure what to do, the lume on these is (just like the insert) really great green lume. Dial is tritium and has no lume left.

So would it be possible to relume dial dots with vintage green lume? I personally have no problem with dial no lume and hands & pearl with lume. This would

probably also happen on service where hands and insert would be replaced.

Tudor%20Hands.jpg

2015-02-28%2013.18.51.jpg

HR Caseback has much flatter profile than the cartel one. Comes at a price but I´d like the watch to sit flat on the wrist. 

HH%20Caseback.jpg

• Like 2