When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5512 and 6263

Lorenove06

Good evening,

after spending a lot of time on the fora and even more looking at the TDs' pics, I need to hear the experts here:

who can provide the best "out of the box" 5512 and 6263 ?

I already know that every single piece is not good enough just as is, and I know some artists that would build some lovely vintage Rolexes if they only could find some free time in their busy schedules, but if I should buy'n'wear a McQueen 5512 or a Clapton 6263 where could I find some ?

Thank you, this place is amazing.

Welcome & please read item 5 under posting.

There are scads of threads detailing how to learn about Subs, but, in a nutshell, visit your local authorized Rolex dealer (AD), try some on, work them to see how they look/feel & then spend some time viewing gens online so you know how to tell the differences between gens & reps. If you have specific questions, post them here & you will receive plenty of help.

Good luck.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Since I didn't ask the mother of all questions ("Who has the best sub ?"), but something much more specific, I believed that was legit.

I fully understand what is stated in item 5 of posting, and didn't want to go against any rule of this forum, which I really appreciate.

I've been looking to gen pics for years and I know exactly what I'm looking for, still have so much to learn.

That's why I asked for the vintage Rolex experts' help: they could give an objective opinion on these beloved models...

Not the best way to introduce myself...

"Out of the box" seems pretty much 'much of a muchness' there are some who would argue one over another. Bottom line is - if you want a really good rep you have to do your homework, research the parts, buy the parts then have them assembled. Do this and you stand a chance of being very satisfied. Cut corners and hope to get something fantastic just by ordering from a dealer and you will ultimately be disappointed. Having said all that, if you want to save time and effort keep an eye on the sales threads and you may find exactly what you are looking for.

That's it.

It may not be the answer I was looking for but makes perfect sense.

Building a proper 6263 is one of the hardest path you may walk on:

a DW case or Phong's, a nice gen mov, the right gen dial and bracelet, not to mention all the remaining parts, are extremely hard to find and quite expensive.

A 5512 build can save you a couple of hudreds, but would take the same efforts, struggles and time.

Homework done, Dieselpower.

A non-sarcastic = sincere thank you for your wise reply.