When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mille Metri Build...

ccargofast

Hello all! I have sourced a GEN dial for the Prototype Mille Merti. Does any one have any knowledge if this dial will fit in some of the reps out there that say 1:1 rep? Also, does anyone know where I can source the 2770 movement for this build? Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

Panasol...

Not too long ago, I've sourced the GEN MM prototype dial. I've contacted Ennebi and have had a few email exchanges with the horses mouth, Alessandro. He physically has some parts left from the builds that they have done and isn't releasing anything at this time and isn't sure if he will. I've found another lead who has/had 1 of the 15 2770 movements used for the build, with signed oscillating weight by one of the engineers, butttttttt.....came with a price so I passed at the moment.

For now, if possible, I'm trying to source the remaining parts. Weather it be GEN at a reasonable cost or replicated on a 1:1 basis only. I do have a signed set of drawings for this watch as well and was about to have the case set made and might go that route, but undecided at the moment...

Thanks for the advice!

eta 2770 available on the bay- not expensive for nos

2750 takes same stem

2770 came in 17 or 25 jewels (25 was gen iir)

your dial is 1mm thick so you will need tall cp done

tanjaku over on hf has a gen dial in a ti esdee case with 2824-2 and h6.It's the bomb.

river or esdee case should take dial.

2770 should be ok- 0.2mm thicker above and below stem

esdee case was fabricated using ten drawings. river's was made from a gen (rolexfan). 

i have an esdee alu which is on 24/7

river's case also is very nice- wears lower and very nicely finished. both can have crown gasket modded to achieve +1000m wr. river's is hands-down the best value rep out there.

one drawback to esdee is bezel is not correct- river has the edge in this respect

WOW...excellent info! Well, as far as the movt, I'd like to stick to an original ... "GEN" ; - ) movt. I'd attach a picture, but I don't know how to from my phone from a sourced page within Panerai's "maintenance of historical movements" catalog.

The case, I'd like to go with the titanium one from esdee. I don't mind paying the cost and I think he is selling one right now, but it's in negotiation as we speak. If rivers made a titanium case, I'd seriously think about it.

Again… Thanks for the information everyone!