When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fully Modded ROO SS Diver Project D.

Hello Guys

Today i wanna share with all of you my LOVELY:

FULLY MODDED ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE DIVER PROJECT D.

I call it PROJECT D. as for the Great watchmaker, the Best around here, Mr Domi who made it.

And, it has the following features:

Noob V5 case

Noob V5 caseback H-series

JF V7 bezel & bezel gasket

JF V7 screws + nuts + caseback's screws

JF V7 dial & inner bezel

JF V7 hands

Noob V5 DW

JF V7 Xtal & cyclops

JF V7 crown & dive crown @10

Noob V5 plots

JF V7 updated buckle with correct engravement ACIER INOX

Gen XS rubber strap

Gen Swiss ETA2824 (not as stated by our TDs)

Now come the pics (taken from an iPhone), I hope you'll enjoy it ;)

image_zps8eqmldao.jpg

image_zpscugcqayu.jpg

image_zps8ga6ivsm.jpg

image_zps3hjzdpr5.jpg

image_zpswdxqvr66.jpg

image_zpsmwurfcvc.jpg

image_zpsmeondwa6.jpg

image_zpstf8pazzg.jpg

image_zpsk1r41ody.jpg

Thx guys for watching, I hope you like it...

Regards

It's what I thought, but another member on RG said it's not Low beat. Maybe he knows more than me and Domi about Swiss movements...

Anyway, I like it as is ;)

Thx for the compliments

That's a beauty!! Took the best of two good ones and made a great one.

AFA the movement, I certainly wouldn't go against Domi. He's forgotten more about movements than I will ever know. The ETA 2824 "out the box" is a 28800 fast beat movement, however it can be made a slow beat by using parts from an ETA 2846, which is a slow beat. Quite a few folks have modified the 2824 to slow beat by using this method.

AFA the movement, I certainly wouldn't go against Domi. He's forgotten more about movements than I will ever know. The ETA 2824 "out the box" is a 28800 fast beat movement, however it can be made a slow beat by using parts from an ETA 2846, which is a slow beat. Quite a few folks have modified the 2824 to slow beat by using this method.

Speaking about this mod, there is a knack to the modification process. Like you know well, the watch can end up running ridiculously fast per day if the mod process is not executed well... ;)

Thx bro ;)

And thx for that, I really didn't know those difference about high & low beat...

Speaking about this mod, there is a knack to the modification process. Like you know well, the watch can end up running ridiculously fast per day if the mod process is not executed well... ;)

Thx again bro... Honestly I'm a Noob about movt. The only thing I know is that the watch runs like a champ and keeps great time.

It's made by Domi ;)

Is there a reason why you mixed up V7 with Noob's version? I guess some parts are better than the others?

Thx mate

Yes there's a reason after I bought about 7 different Divers. I decided to take the best parts from Noob & JF (what I thought the best for me, personal pov) and make this built. The only think I would upgrade is the Xtal if ever I find a Gen one. Btw, the V7 Xtal is amazing but it's not gen ;)

Edited by Tinitonsi

• 2 months later...

Very nice. Do you have a rough cost estimation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are talking about a low beat movement conversion, it is between $250-450 depending on who you ask.

I got mine done for about $250 all in and it runs like a champ. ;)

• 6 months later...
is a low beat conversion necessary? i mean is it noticable for the vast majority of people? i am trying to make up my mind whether to go for a fully modded version

Probably not, but to those of us who are so OCD about watches that we would probably be branded as crazy by the average person, it is another step toward what we perceive as perfection.

The vast majority of people cannot tell the difference between a Rolex and a Timex. And furthermore, they don't care.

What determines whether you opt to spend the time effort and money depends on your comfort level with replicas, whether or not you are in the company of other watch fanatics who own gens, and your ability to pull off a particular watch, be it a rep or gen.

• Like 1

Probably not, but to those of us who are so OCD about watches that we would probably be branded as crazy by the average person, it is another step toward what we perceive as perfection.

The vast majority of people cannot tell the difference between a Rolex and a Timex. And furthermore, they don't care.

What determines whether you opt to spend the time effort and money depends on your comfort level with replicas, whether or not you are in the company of other watch fanatics who own gens, and your ability to pull off a particular watch, be it a rep or gen.

The voice of reason at its best. Thank you old friend, for the clarity of reason and expression both. I couldn't have said it better.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

thanks panerai153 and Legend for your explanations/comments. great to see people like you here in the forum. i think i am in the right place here

Hey T you're most welcome. You're a member with a lot of manners and class from what I experienced from our conversations.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

The voice of reason at its best. Thank you old friend, for the clarity of reason and expression both. I couldn't have said it better.

It would be nice if voice of reason was shared and not ignorance and arrogance

Hey T you're most welcome. You're a member with a lot of manners and class from what I experienced from our conversations.

Some members should have more manners and class

You know what I mean