When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polex Pete DWO for Rolex 1680

jamilton

Have one about, silver somewhere.............................. :g:along with Big Dazza dials ,TC what is the good one v3  :unknw:  bracelet along with a host of other things , mind you I can not mod anything! Now where is that gen 1680 crystal I just bought. :bangin:

Stocking up for something just do not know what. :partytime: LOL

Thanks mate! there is any tutorial available about how to fix it? Cheers

Basically you need to remove the original ETA date wheel, if there's an overlay on there already remove it.. Lightly sand the ETA date wheel surface, don't sand the original numerals completely away though. They will act as a guide when applying the new overlay. Re-fit the ETA date wheel to movement. Very lightly glue the overlay on top of the original aligning it to opposite numerals as best you can. This the fun part, lightly place dial on top. Align opposite numerals to the date window of the dial, adjusting overlay position slightly as required before the glue drys. Once satisfied lightly press the overlay down one last time and you are done.

Overlay aligned to original ETA date wheel

460664be627b7f9f0361fcda357f80fb.jpg

Date wheel aligned to dial window

64b8a189bc5fcee394e38a6ab4a7d110.jpg

Basically you need to remove the original ETA date wheel, if there's an overlay on there already remove it.. Lightly sand the ETA date wheel surface, don't sand the original numerals completely away though. They will act as a guide when applying the new overlay. Re-fit the ETA date wheel to movement. Very lightly glue the overlay on top of the original aligning it to opposite numerals as best you can. This the fun part, lightly place dial on top. Align opposite numerals to the date window of the dial, adjusting overlay position slightly as required before the glue drys. Once satisfied lightly press the overlay down one last time and you are done.

Overlay aligned to original ETA date wheel

460664be627b7f9f0361fcda357f80fb.jpg

Date wheel aligned to dial window

64b8a189bc5fcee394e38a6ab4a7d110.jpg

Wow, thanks a lot mate! I see alignment will be the most tricky thing because if you set the overlay on top of the existing ETA DW, then you loose let´s say the reference don´t you? when you mean "align oposite dial" yo mean turn the DW for checking right alignment in the date window of 3/9 and 6/12?

which glue did you use? is the above dial and AM one, looks good, where could get it?

Cheers

It's a Singer dial off eBay. I used GS Hypo Cement and a lot of trial and error. What I mean by aligning the numerals in the date window is; you need to check the opposite numeral on the overlay is also aligned to the window. You can do this by carefully rotating the dial around the date wheel. Good luck!

24ba49acbd3f519fb29da5e6a9f319de.jpg