When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You Do Not Have To Live With The 7750 Whirrrr.

flavor flav

• 4 months later...
:animal_rooster::animal_rooster::animal_rooster:

eta doesn't reccomend it.........but it works :thumbsupsmileyanim: at least it makes the watch wearable! who cares if the movement lasts forever if it sounds so bad i won't wear it! go for it..... what's ther to lose? i like to go against the grain and do things my way. i seriously doubt this can cause any harm in any way unless extreme cold i would think the rotor may not spin well.... other than that......... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Flav or anyone! Have you tried this on the Asian Chopard MM XL? All the owners of this watch knows it sound like a diesel engine! This might be the fix???? Anyone?>

• 1 month later...
Well I happen to like the rotor "sound" (I don't call it noise :) ) my 7753 makes. And I love it when the rotor really gets going, like when you make a sudden motion, and almost tears your arm off.

PS I am being serious.

I was thinking the same. I love the fact that the watch is 'alive' on my wrist. I sometimes get worried if I cant hear or feel it chattering away and it is reassuring when you feel it fire back into life.

Edited by Sturb

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

WD-40 isn't a lubricant.

As for comparing it to bearings in an aircraft engine, why?

The original watches are very reliable and theyr run for years. Because the bearing makes a noise doesn't mean it's faulty. It means it is made to a certain specification and tolerance. Obviusly as the watch is reliable the manufacturers have specified the bearing correctly.

Too funny. The WD40 question dates back to 2010. And anyone silly enough to try WD-40 deserves what they get. The number and types of different lubricants with their various characteristics was surprising to me when explained to me by a knowledgeable watchsmith. As always leave it to the experts unless you are willing to buy all the proper materials and work through a numbe of junk movements.

Please Sign In or Sign Up