When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1018...rare or what?

StoneP

I have been looking for a Gen blue dial for a sweet Franken 116000/34 Oyster Perpetual No-Date 36mm but they are rare. I found a silver gen dial for $350 but really wanted a blue dial plus my budget was $250. Some where in the process i decided to give it a rest and I acquired a tritium 14270 T<25 dial....I guess I settle for less..maybe? I still wasnt satisfied so i sat on this dial for a few months.

Few weeks a ago i decided to start my search again and guess what i found a 28mm dial for a vintage Oyster Perpetual No-Date 36mm. Until that point I never knew Oyster Perpetuals came in 36mm before year 2000. Ofcourse I bought the dial and then furthered my research. Come to find out it was a ref. 1018 i have been trying to discover.

Ref 1018 wasnt too popular vs Ref 1016 with very similar DNA. I found a hand full of pics for SS but none for TT or 14k capped /FG model. I read in a few threads on VRF & TRF that mentioned rolex did make them in TT & 14k FG. I also found out in my rolex parts ibook the parts specs...T21 plexi & 5.3mm crown(unlike 1016 with 6mm).

After all the research, I think I will be very satisfied with building one vs my original intended  Franken 116000/34

Below is the list of the proposed parts

Gen gold 1018 (pictured below)
Gen SS 5.3mm crown
JMB bezel for T21
JMB 1016 v2 case with 1018 engraving
Felsa 4007n Movement
Gold dauphine replacement hands for Titoni ETA 28XX watch (pictured below)
Custom vintage suede strap with Gen 16mm rolex buckle
Rivet bracelet

A24132A7-0368-4700-9BB0-B30885F21DF3_zps

74DC8B36-6C45-47C2-99B3-AA127483DDEE_zps

88FADC26-C744-4253-91E8-6F7E981C26E1_zps

• Like 2

This is going to be sweet.  I love builds like this.  Those pointed dial markers with those hands are just classy.  Thanks for the history lesson too.  Looking forward to seeing this one completed.  

• Like 1

You Should have posted a post About The blue Dial there was one for sale local In Denmark for around 300usd some months back

But sweet build good luck :)!

• Like 1

This is going to be sweet. I love builds like this. Those pointed dial markers with those hands are just classy. Thanks for the history lesson too. Looking forward to seeing this one completed.

I knew you would appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but wondering if you still have the dial and if you might let it go?  I've got a 36mm no-date watch with a gold dial, batons, and hands and I need to swap to a silver dial for better contrast.  Eyes are getting old...

Tried to message you but system wouldn't allow.

Thanks, Ron