When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 78 Radiomir Seconds Counter

AMK000

PAM 78 Radiomir Seconds Counter

(Unique edition of 75 units)

Movement: hand-wound mechanical Omega 920 of the 1970s, 10 lignes, 17 jewels, hand finished. Annular beryllium bronze anti-magnetic balance with flat balance spring, 21,600 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 40 hours.

Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, date, seconds counter, tachymeter scale.

Case: diameter 42 mm, 18ct solid white gold with removable wire loop strap attachments (patented). Winding crown personalized OP. White gold seconds counter button at 2 o'clock.

Bezel: white gold with engraved tachymeter scale.

Back: see-through sapphire crystal.

Dial: black with 8 markers and Arabic numerals at 6, 9 and 12, all luminous. Date at 3 o'clock. Seconds counter on the outermost part of the dial.

Crystal: sapphire, made from corundum, 1.5 mm thick, with magnifying lens at 3 o'clock. Anti-reflective coating.

Water resistance: 100 meters.

Pics of genuine:

post-106-1166763489_thumb.jpgpost-106-1166763544_thumb.jpgpost-106-1166850193_thumb.jpgpost-106-1166763515_thumb.jpg

post-106-1166850537_thumb.jpgpost-106-1166850658_thumb.jpgpost-106-1166850369_thumb.jpg

post-106-1166763590_thumb.jpgpost-106-1166763619_thumb.jpg

This a classy all day watch. Both dress and casual. 42 mm (attractive all kind of wrists - big and small)

Initially I was thinking to add a poll for this (Richard Tracy'sd initiative with Jay) .... following the perfect sub example ;) ..... but then I thought .... too many Panerais .... and the price to get a genuine of this .... if can be found second hand.... is well above 20 K USD (.... possible to replicate from pics ??? )

Wasn't sure about the movement either.

To my knowledge this model ha not been replicated so far.

So the question is why ??? Movement problems ??? Lemanina with no date (sort of blind horse) ??

Easy to replicate in the front with other movements but hard to imitate the back ???

Can somebody answer the movement thing with authority ???

I dont like much watches with no date.... and all the Radiomirs we have seen so far ...are dateless.

But if they ever make this ... I will be all over it.

Since we have connections with factories now ... could somebody convince a factory to make it may be ;)

...... just sharing my taste and thoughts with you guys.

Cheers,

AMK000

@Pug:

Maybe I dont understand to comment correctly ... but if you are saying that no replicas has been produced as of today with lemanina (venus) movement .... well I think that this is no true.

Basicaly every single rep with manual winding, is hosting a (copy) of a lemanina movement. There 1000s of them.

None of them of course has a date window.

Again ... if this is not what you were saying , apologies ....... and pls explain cause I dont understand.

Cheers,

AMK000

PD: Thinking again, maybe this topic is more appropriate in to the Panerai subsection. Will any moderator/admin be so kind to move it there ?? Thanks.

No rep made to date has a Lemania movement. What makes you think this would be the first?

:blink:

I suppose you mean no rep with date, do you?

To clarify, no. I mean no replica has ever been made using a Lemania movement (apart from an obscure frankenwatch somewhere). There are some movements that dealers call Lemania, but they're lying.

Lemania chrono movements are completely different and have different subdial spacing etc., and can be seen in genuine Moon Watches. What we get are Seagull ST9s, which are licensed Venus 175 copies.

Please stop calling Seagull ST19 movements Lemania, it's confusing. The sooner we stop accepting it, the sooner dealers stop misleading us.

There are some movements that dealers call Lemania, but they're lying.

Good to know.

Something like synthetic sapphire...