When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob DSSD with 2824 movement, upgrade to gen crown/tube, winding not smooth

sharkman07

Hi guys, can anyone advise which crown/tube I should look for to fit to the above watch?

Same as the TC Sub's, the watch does not have a smooth movement when winding, feeling like it slides off the thread. This has been a characteristic of every TC I have had and really annoys me. So to eliminate it I'd like to upgrade.

Could I get away with just a tube upgrade or is it advisable to do both?

Many thanks.

For the TC's, I thought it was well documented that the O ring used by TC was too big (hence the winding issue) and it needed to be swapped out for a Clarks?

For your DSSD, I was never aware that they made a 2824 version. I thought they were all 2836 stem height cases. You can't switch em...

Edited by DVNE

For the TC's, I thought it was well documented that the O ring used by TC was too big (hence the winding issue) and it needed to be swapped out for a Clarks?

For your DSSD, I was never aware that they made a 2824 version. I thought they were all 2836 stem height cases. You can't switch em...

Thanks for the reply, it has a transplanted Tissot 2824. It's definitely the same winding issue as the TC Sub. Works fine, just annoys me.

The winding issue is because of the stem height. Swap it out for a 2836 and I bet everything will work fine.

You are killing the 2824 in that kind of case...